project carbon fiber altezzas

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
kuruption1983

Re: project carbon fiber altezzas

Post by kuruption1983 »

i will charge 70 bucks to do anyone's altezzas but i will insure if anytin happens i will replace,,, :D (im jokin eh,,,)
Its the riskiest thing you can do to your car, but since i have already lost the passenger side of the set in my accident, i had nothing to lose. And hey, if anyone wants the driver side which i did this MOD to, i will sell it for 70 bucks CDN, just send me the dough and i will ship tommorow,,, :p
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

I think its cause its dirty ;) Clean er up nicely and take some pics... you can never have to many with a sweet car like that.
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

bro you dont know how many times a week i wash this thing,,,, its crazy,,,<p>therez an Esso station right beside my place, its brand new and has an amazing hand carwash,(specially since i know the owner, its free) when you bring out the car it looks brand new,,,gives a really good feeling,, but by the time i get home in the ****ty weather of toronto it looks like what you see in da pic,,,
and hey thanx for the good comment, although i had plans to sell it, i bought her a GTR spoiler, soon to be installed, a second set of gunmetal mr7s, and i also ordered a new set of altezzas to do this projekt on them again,,,, :D :D
my poor other cars dont get any attention now,,<p>stay tuned for new Mods to come,,, :D :D
fictionaldaydream

Post by fictionaldaydream »

People might call me crazy but I would pay you $70 to do them for me. Also I would even say you did them around here. I couldn't take credit for that. I suck at trying things like this.
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

kaveh just be glad its not black and the car wash is all the way across town... even in summer I can't get my car home half clean.
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Now what is the purpose of heating them up? Is it so the adhesive gets tacky again, so you can just remove the outer plastic? If that is the case, then I assume that heating them again, will warm it up and then you put them back together? Does the adhesive get hard enough to hold or do you add more adhesive when you put them back together?
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

the first time you head it up, the silicone becomes firmer and it would be easier to take off the lens. the second time you do it to make the silicone firmer to put it back together,,,<p>And just a reminder that if you happen to watch simpsons while cooking your headlights, you can have melted headlights with your hamburger the following night,,, :D <p>:p<p>[ February 23, 2003: Message edited by: kuruption1983 ]</p>
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

that HAS to suck!
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

So that means that you should not have to use any additional means of sealing them up? I have read that altezzas are notorious for getting moisture inside. It would not be a bad idea to give them extra sealer would it?
mrmike420
Supporting Member

Post by mrmike420 »

man.....your lights look sick....thx for the info...I'm gonna be doing that real soon..lol
~FUeGo~
92 MX-3 GS, 5spd, Black Metallic, Tokico ZX2 Struts, Eibach Springs, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's, K&N A/F, Suzuka S/S Brake Lines, KGS Dual Tip Muffler, Dynamat Extreme Trunk Kit
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by fictionaldaydream:
People might call me crazy but I would pay you $70 to do them for me. Also I would even say you did them around here. I couldn't take credit for that. I suck at trying things like this.<hr></blockquote><p>shoot ill do them for you.. i did that to the side reflector housing for my headlight.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Just use a good Hair dryer with some thick gloves or try a Heat gun but be careful and don't burn yourself. NEVER use an oven!
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L

Return to “Appearance”