Got Carbon Fiber Hood???

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Steeb

Got Carbon Fiber Hood???

Post by Steeb »

i got mine!!! well i picked it up on jan 17th at their shop. anyway i put it on and it does look good, not as good as the first carbon fibered mx3 but im almost there. :D :D ill get some pictures soon. all we need now is a carbon fiber lip for the mazdaspeed front bumper and a carbon fiber jdm spoiler. good deal jarid<p>[ January 20, 2003: Message edited by: Steeb ]</p>
sheller

Re: Got Carbon Fiber Hood???

Post by sheller »

I saw the carbon fiber hood on Jarid's car last week. It certainly does look good. :) <p>Steve
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

i can't wait for my inverted one to get here. you got the OEM one, right?
Max

Post by Max »

I went to pick it up but the hood need to be checked by customs first....(I live in Canada)
Anyways i can't wait....i don't think i gonna put it on until after winter. -35 celsious today !!!
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

got pictures http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=291555&page=1<p>what do u guys think?<p>[ January 22, 2003: Message edited by: Steeb ]</p>
gmuffb

Post by gmuffb »

I'm not trying to hate, but, if i had a carbon fiber hood, i'd paint it the same color as my car. I guess i'll just never "get it" Not sayin it looks bad or anything, i'm just real anal about the whole all one color thing.
¤Kelli¤
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

totally hear u. i think its looks kinda cool but i'd rather drive around a bit more unnoticable. the stock hood is back on already. i just wanted to take some pictures cuz someone asked for them.
the hood fits good and is much less flimsy than the stock one so it flex's less when your driving.
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

if you were gonna paint it the same colour as the car then you wouldnt want to waste your money on a carbon fiber hood.....because all your getting is a fiberglass hood with a couple of layers of carbon fiber on it.........dont get me wrong this does add to a little bit of the strength but........to paint over it, its totally not worth it at all........
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

Steeb! you bought a carbon fiber hood and dont like it? and took it off? Are you selling it? If you are how much... depending on how much i might be interested in buying it!
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
Max

Post by Max »

I got my CF hood today, and it looks mint !!! :D
it was pretty expensive (CAN funds, shipping, taxes...) yet im very happy with what i got. <p>I would just like to thank Jarid for all the time and effort he put into this group buy ! It was worth it ! My silverstone Mx-3 will look awsome with the cf hood some black rims !
:D :D

Return to “Appearance”