pilot starter button

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
NateDog

pilot starter button

Post by NateDog »

hey i have a pilot starter button and need some help finding a goodlocation to mount it. it is non luminated so i need to luminate it some how as well. any of u guys have starter buttons? if so, where did u mount them, and did u have to luminate them?<p>thanx for any info :)
eunosads

Re: pilot starter button

Post by eunosads »

what's a pilot starter button? is it like the start button in the S2000??<p>I reckon it'd look cool under your e-brake.. on that little bit of "dash" there..<p>@ds
- EUNOS 30X -
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

if it wasn't made to be illuminated, you won't be able to. the pilot button SHOULD be able to light up if grounded correctly however.<p>i was thinking of mounting mine on the steering wheel hub, but i decided to mount a boost gauge there in the future. im thinking either the under dash driver side or where the cigarette lighter is.<p>EDIT: wouldn't it also be cool to get a wired cord and a seperate little remote switch that fits in the palm of your hand like a pen...then mount the button there so you have a starter you can start from anywhere in the car or to earn more points in shows?<p>[ January 18, 2003: Message edited by: marshmallow15 ]</p>
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

I was thinking about doing this. Maybe if you can find a small acrylic tube that will fit around the starter. Then put an LED behind it and it will iluminate around it (just a thought). I was thinking about putting it where the lighter button is.....but I think Imma put it where the hazard button is, and relocate the hazard button to above the steering column as either a rocker switch, or the stock button (to keep it a little more out of site)
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
NateDog

Post by NateDog »

well thanx forthe sugestions.....but i already installed it. it is in the indent/arm rest part of the drivers side door. i mounted 2 toggle switches below the starter and imgoing to mount a LED above the starter button facing down on it. it is very convient due to the fact that it is at finger tip length. it looks liktit came stock like that. :D
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

you should post some pix of it
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
NateDog

Post by NateDog »

givemeafewdays and i'll have some pics up and ready for u all. it turned out better than i expected. :eek: and it looks nyce™

Return to “Appearance”