New MX Body Kit

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
HRO

New MX Body Kit

Post by HRO »

I'm starting a body kit company, and i'm making a new kit for the mx3, I have pictures of what the front will look like. I have no pics of the sides, and would like some ideas for a rear bumper.<p>Please comment, and let me know what you think.
Thanks
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage<p>[ January 12, 2003: Message edited by: mx3vs ]</p>
My Cardomain Site<p>Image<p> FBSS Air suspension, 12 gallon tank, viair 450 comp
Marlon

Re: New MX Body Kit

Post by Marlon »

i like it alot good work
how much u gonna sell it for
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
fictionaldaydream

Post by fictionaldaydream »

Will the normal fog lights fit in there. I mean I seen some from jtautostyle that has some clear blue ones that looks tight.<p>Here's some ideas for bumpers<p>Image<p>Image<p>It be tight if the fron looked like this.<p>Image<p>
EvyllChyld

Post by EvyllChyld »

Personally, i think it is good, but looks like a lot of the other body kits you see out there now a days. I would like mine to stand out. with a different kit, one that is more exotic.
richocet1

Post by richocet1 »

Not criticizing, but it looks like a modified Paksfeifer front. What will the sides look like? I would say go with one similar to the Aresspeed 30x rear add-ons.
You still can't touch my car!!!
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

DAMN! The 95-99 Eclipse kit looks so nice. I wish I could get something like that! *wink wink nudge nudge*<p>I'm getting my kit in June...
richocet1

Post by richocet1 »

If possible, why not square out the vents on the sides. They look too much like ones from a Blitz kit.
HRO

Post by HRO »

This is one of 2 fronts I will be making this year, I wanted to make one that isn't very aggressive, since those seem to be in demand right now, and the other will probably be for aggressive.<p>The fog light holes are 6 1/2 inches, and i've seen fog lights that will fit in catalogs, or they can be left blank.<p>I will take any suggestions into consideration, since the mold hasn't yet been made, much work can still be done. I will make the side vents more square and not triangular if that's what you guys want.<p>The side skirts will look like this.
Image<p>[ January 12, 2003: Message edited by: mx3vs ]</p>
My Cardomain Site<p>Image<p> FBSS Air suspension, 12 gallon tank, viair 450 comp
richocet1

Post by richocet1 »

I like those side skirts. It's good to see a kit without Supra style skirts all the time. If I may also make another suggestion, I would say go for a r33 or r34 kit for the simpler one. You wouldn't even need to make new side skirts; every r33 kit has, again, Supra style side skirts. If you do choose to go that route though, at least make the scoop on the skirts go all the way up to where the side panel curves up.
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

looks really good. looks better than the pakfeifer bumper (is that a pak bumper modified?)....<p>i think we need sideskirts that look simple and not too curvy or sticking out like the one on that prelude...because most of the bumpers are simple and dont stick out.<p>for rear bumpers, check out the buddy club rear bumpers, r33 rear bumpers and some type of add-on to the rear like the veilside kit for the rx-7. the black widow rear bumper looks very similar to the gforce rear already.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
richocet1

Post by richocet1 »

When I suggested making the vents more square, meant to have them look like this.
HRO

Post by HRO »

Here's an idea of what the front will look like on the mx3. I used Jon's mx, hope you don't mind man.<p>Image
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

your saying to square out the vents so it doesn't look like the blitz kit... instead u want it to look like an evo kit?
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)
richocet1

Post by richocet1 »

I now see yours as being better...once the triangular vents are changed. What is the price gonna look like? How much longer until it is done?
HRO

Post by HRO »

They will be in production once i'm done school, so around April or May. I'm not sure on price, but it will be very reasonable.<p>[ January 12, 2003: Message edited by: mx3vs ]</p>

Return to “Appearance”