I NEED HELP

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Tyler17rose

I NEED HELP

Post by Tyler17rose »

How do i remove the door panels?! i have it 90 % off and something is stuck. How do i get off the door handle on the passenger side.. i think that might be tha problem.... ANY help would be awsome! Later
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
o0mx30o

Re: I NEED HELP

Post by o0mx30o »

there is a screw in the handle well and there are many clips built on to the back of the pannel u just pull and they pop out
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

take the screw off the handle and on the side of the door....then just pop the clips out...be careful not to rip it off...there is about 7 to 10 clips holding it down...when i took mine off i just popped them out.
KL-ZE, Custom Intake, Apex Lowering Springs, and more to come this year.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

what did u guys do about the wires running to the power window switches? cause mine seems to be keeping me from removing the panel. Also do you need to remove the door handle to get the whole door panel off?
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

I just unplugged the window switches.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

i tried that but couldnt find the plug.... is it the one near the locks? cause the online shop manual showed the power window switches as if they could be removed completely by themselves or somthing. again any help would be great.
Mods:

kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

just follow the wire, there should be a place about 8 to 10 CMs from the place they connect to the power window botton that you can just plug it out and disconnect the wire! i wish i had my camera beside me, i would take you a pic!
but its not hard, check out the online shop manual eh!!!<p>latez :D
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

The passenger side is held on by four screws. One in the door lever holding that scratch cover on, one by the lock easy to see, one in the handle and the last hidden one is behind a little black inch square cap just below the handle - if I recall correctly. then the panel should pull off with a bit of force to pop the clips and you'll see the wires from the switch going to a clip on the door and you disconnect the switch and the panel is free.
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

Thanks alot guys, all your help is great! now i have to tackle it all over again next chance i get. Its pretty cold right now in ottawa and we just got a S*** load of snow. So i'll probably try next weekend. <p>Oh and incase any of you are wondering, the reason for removing them is because my passenger side speakers arnt working, and neither are my power windows. The windows will work if i replace the fuse but it will quicky blow the fuse. And the Passenger side speakers have never worked since i got the car. SO i am thinking these problems are related. So i am now looking for the problem GRR. If any of you know what the heck is going on , or have had this problem before plz share.
Mods:

Return to “Appearance”