headlight swap

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Talon_66

headlight swap

Post by Talon_66 »

I was looking at various headlights of cars today at work, and I came to this conclusion PT Cruisers, Taurus, and sebring. Have basically the same headlights as the MX, anyone considered any of these for a swap?
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Taras

Re: headlight swap

Post by Taras »

YOu may want to look at modifying existing housing to fit theirs, rather than the whole headlight assembly. You will want to make sure that their reflector inside is adjustable, because if you cut your housing you will not be able to alight your lights. On the easier note it is probably just easier to get Hella 90mm projectors in H7 or H9 format and mount them inside your housing. They do come with adjusting screws too. And you can also get them in high or low beam. The cost is about 70 USD I think for each. Alternatively, try to source some H4 Mx-3 lights of J-Spec or E-Spec. I have J-spec H4 and even with the "wrong" flair on the left vs right they are way better than our DOT 9004 lights that mx-3 comes with stock. I use Stock H4 bulbs too. Sometime in the spring I will be selling My H4's, but I am not certain yet. Btw, the baking formula for Mx-3 headlights is 200F preaheat, than bake for 10min. Use owen mitts and table/butter knife to take lenses off. Good luck.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

SEE.. another person agrees that the taurus lights will work. I dont know what year taurus it is (its not the newest gen). I believe its the gen prior to that. Anyways i think the PTs are too long and i cant say i've looked at the sebrings.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

I've seen sebring lights on a crx, it was kind of a dumb conversion, why would you want taurus lights on your car? Originality? It'll be original alright, but it'll also be taurus lights, actually all 3 of those cars' headlights don't look as good as ours do already. ;)
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

why doesnt anyone come out and try to modify our own headlights, i was thinkin of modifying it and give the internal housing( the reflector section) a black kinda look like some of the VDUBs i have seen around, like this one!
:D :D :D
I would be the first to buy if anyone makes these!
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

ive done that already when installing my halos. i did it to the side housing only because it couldve affected the beam of light if i painted the main housing. i think it looks really good.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike

Post by Guest »

PT Cruiser lights would look sick as hell on the MX3. Marshmellow, you got any pics of your halo's?
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

Any lights work. Just some require less work. The Taurus lights are an ok shape, but they don't even have any NICE looking projectors (or reflectors) for that matter.<p>PT lights are neat, but that's about it. They'd be similar to putting in Celica lights because of their angled layout (they are like at 45 degrees as opposed to flat or whatever at the bottom).<p>The easiest thing I could think of NOW, would be either get those damn J-Spec or E-Code lights for our cars, OR mold a fiberglass (like someone mentioned here earlier) pod of our lights and then put some Hella 90mm in them.<p>Good luck.<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
MXXM

Post by MXXM »

i just gotta say WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE
>>>

Post by Guest »

I think Kevin's is the best. And the red one with the Supra tails.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

i cant believe someone copied my idea already lexus es300headlight conversion!!!!! i am gonna get that dude whoever that is :mad:
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

aern't those accord headlights?
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

you are correct quinn.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

if u ment these? THOSE arent accord those are lexus es300 '92-96 production years
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “Appearance”