how to swap USDM GS-SE leather seats into CDM '94 GS

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
CanadianMx-3

how to swap USDM GS-SE leather seats into CDM '94 GS

Post by CanadianMx-3 »

Today I sucessfully swapped out my black cloths(1994 GS) for black leather(1993 GS-SE). My car was a Canadian model and the leather was from a US model. I thought all US seats were power and that would make the swap difficult to do but it really wasn't.<BR>It was a simple removal and re-installation.<P>1)Remove rear bench(Lift up two tabs beneath bench on either side).<P>2)Remove rear folding back rest.<BR> a)Remove plastic pins securing carpet to the back of the seat.<BR> b)Remove (4) bolts securing back rest(2) on either side. (12 mm bolts)<P>3)Install rear bench and folding back rest.<BR> a)Installation is the reverse of removal.<P>4)Remove front seats.<BR> a)Remove (4) bolt covers on rear of the seat<BR>Small philipps screw driver.<BR> b)Remove (8) bolts (14mm) (4) on each seat, (2)front,(2)rear.<P>5)Remove seatbelt anchor on inside of the cloth seat.(17mm)<BR> a)Remove seatbelt anchor from leather seat.<BR> b)Install cloth seat seatbelt anchor on leather seat.<P>6)Install Front leather seats.<BR> a)Removal is the reverse of installation.<BR> <BR>Thats about it!<p>[ November 27, 2002: Message edited by: CanadianMx-3 ]
Dedicated SR20 SLUT
marshmallow15

Re: how to swap USDM GS-SE leather seats into CDM '94 GS

Post by marshmallow15 »

hey nice write-up. i like!
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike

Re: how to swap USDM GS-SE leather seats into CDM '94 GS

Post by Guest »

hey man what do your old seats look like? good condition? for sale? I live in chatham, so I might be interested!

Return to “Appearance”