Airbag kit for mx3?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Airbag kit for mx3?

Post by Mnemonic »

Ok ive been looking around, and like always No one makes the airbag kit for the mx3, but i found a company that makes one for the 929, so my question is does anyone know a company that has them, or is it possible to make the kit for the 929 fit the mx3? trying to do a little custom work as possible
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Sonicxtacy02

Re: Airbag kit for mx3?

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mnemonic:<BR><STRONG>Ok ive been looking around, and like always No one makes the airbag kit for the mx3, but i found a company that makes one for the 929, so my question is does anyone know a company that has them, or is it possible to make the kit for the 929 fit the mx3? trying to do a little custom work as possible</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Considering the 929 is like twice the size/weight of the mx-3 and based on the probe/mx-6 suspension the kit probably would not work without major mods. I would suggest you look for a protege or zx-2 kit... The zx-2 being the best bet
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Moved to the Appearance forum.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

hmmm apperance huh? could of swarn last time i installed a set on my truck it was part of the suspension, heh guess i was wrong
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

white fish

Post by white fish »

Tekguy made the Mx-6 struts and coilovers work on this Mx-3
HRO

Post by HRO »

This company did a custom job.<BR><A HREF="http://www.strictlymodified.com" TARGET=_blank>Strictly Modified</A>
My Cardomain Site<p>Image<p> FBSS Air suspension, 12 gallon tank, viair 450 comp
niskyspy

Post by niskyspy »

I dont really know. My parents had 1994 mazda 626 and I think they have the same air bags. And I am sure that driver air bag is 100% the same as in 1995 MX-3.<BR>I think you can find air bags on Ebay or just go to junk yard and find Mx-3.
I like cars and girls!!!<BR>Thats what life is.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

::giggles:: airbags for your suspension as in make car go up and down

RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know what the ride feels like on bags? Is it supposed to be smoother than springs or what?

Post by Guest »

Oh, and what to do the "strutbags" do?
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Check out the link. The strutbag is an airbag that attaches to the top half of your existing strut. This makes it so that you can put air ride suspension on just about any car that has struts. The whole point of air ride is for adjustable ride height...not to mention that it is also just cool to be able to drop your car to the ground with the push of a button.
HRO

Post by HRO »

I have heard that with airbags your handling is ****ty, that car has lots of sway when turning.<BR>this is only what i've heard tho.<BR>but they really look sick!! :)
My Cardomain Site<p>Image<p> FBSS Air suspension, 12 gallon tank, viair 450 comp
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

unless you run from the cops or Auto-X alot, you really dont need to have super stiff suspension. I think the ride is bouncy like a lowered car, but not as harsh. Now I am not totally sure on the strutbags though. It does not look like there is a lot of air in the bag, so I am not sure if that would make the ride firm or soft.

Return to “Appearance”