HELP FAST, new piant probs

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Shades

Re: HELP FAST, new piant probs

Post by Shades »

I feel for you Ryen. If you can see the old paint it sounds like they just sprayed over the old paint, no prep work done. If the $h!t hits the fan, then definately go to the BBB and complain about them so that no one else gets what you got.
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
andy

Post by andy »

I'm still a little confused after reading everything about what exactly you paid for.<BR> Doesn't really matter anyways. Sounds like you got hosed. $2100 is not a cheap paint job, and its not a showcar quality paint job either. <BR> They should repaint what needs repainting.<BR>but what they should do and what there going to do are probably two different things.<BR> Sounds like a good case for small claims court.<BR> Good Luck<BR>Andy P. 93 GS
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

well ronin says I can call consumer complaints at the DMV, and tehy will come look at my car. IF they think I was hosed tehy will tell the shop they have 90 days to fix it or 90 days to pay for it to get fixed or they looe there liscence, that and court will be my last option. The carlooks great from a distance ( dispite they didnt paint the mudgaurds )but up close it just looks horrible, the keeps on saying im pointing out little stuff...but when my hood has hundreds of little dents, the car is 3 colors and already starting to chip, im getting a little frustrated..Again he said theres 800$ worht of paint on it but im gonna call mazda see how much it is a gallon and how many gallons is one coat. Cause with what this guy is telling me, it like my paint was more expesive than gold..
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
andy

Post by andy »

I'm going to cast my vote for the cost of 1 gallon of paint. $250<BR> $800 is alot for 1 gallon unless its the chameleon paint, maybe thats the cost of all the materials used on your car, paint,additives,thinners,and misc prep stuff.<BR> Andy P. 93 GS
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Did they wet sand and buff out the paint for you? They didn't even paint the mudguards?? What your end paint job is going to look like is all dependent on the prep work, sounds like they skimped out, is there a actually a clear coat on the paint?
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

the guy calls me back today and says he will look at my hood and repaint it if it needs to be. But for the rest of the stuff, mud gaurds, rear hatch, and roof to be repainted i have to pay materials, 225$ + tax. That would be a good deal, but they said it would all be painted the first time and never tolled me it wasnt going to come out 3 colors..why should i have to know pay for somthing when they tolled me it would already be done?
92 red rs
performance exhaust
valkyire

Post by valkyire »

if i were you, i wouldnt pay for anything else, and dont sign anything else either. if they wont repaint your car or fix it, then call the bbb and do it fast, because their could be a statute of limitations and it would suck if you wait to long, and get stuck with a crappy paint job. if you have to get ugly with them, like someone else said, 2100 is not a cheap paint job. tell all your friends about it and stand around theor shop and tell people going in about what they did, and maybe then theyy fix you up nice.. thats what i would do if they dont fix your paint job at no cost. <BR>sorry for the long post<P> :)
C-MX-DA3

Post by C-MX-DA3 »

if i were you i would not take my car back to that shop if there still going to charge extra money to fix the **** they ****ed up to begin with, i would report them to BBB right away or take them to court and sue them for your money back.
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

well since I get no where with them my mom called again, he wants me to bring it in again and theyll see what they can do..the only thing ill budge on is paying to paint the mud gaurds cause I knew for a fact tehres no way theyd be in hte estimate. However I called the consumer complaints division for the ny state DMV, and they said I can file a complaint, and worse comes to worse they will go after their liscence if they dont fix my car...so all should be good, but it shouldnt have to be like this, if it was done right the first time none of this would have happneed so im upset..
92 red rs
performance exhaust
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

All the power to ya bro. Good luck with getting your car fixed up. :D
KL-ZE, Custom Intake, Apex Lowering Springs, and more to come this year.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site

Return to “Appearance”