Cleaning my rims...

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
MX3Gurl

Cleaning my rims...

Post by MX3Gurl »

Hey gang, i'm a newbie to this forum, actually on any forum. just want to ask my first question. <P>i have a 95 MX-3 GS and for the life of me, i can't get rid of these black marks (debris) from my rims. i don't know what they are, but it seem to be quite a bit. <P>i searched the forum and only suggestion is to sand blast them. <P>just wondering if there's an alternative to get rid of these black markings on my baby.<P>Thanks
back alley

Re: Cleaning my rims...

Post by back alley »

i start with a standard rim cleaning product from canadian tire and then move on to a metal polish called autosol. it works pretty good. they won't look like new but they will be clean.
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

if they are your stock rims use oven clean it works wonders........(DO NOT USE OVEN CLEANER ON AFTERMARKET WHEELS!!!!!!)
back alley

Post by back alley »

caveman,<BR>why the difference?
TopGun

Post by TopGun »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MX3Gurl:<BR><STRONG>Hey gang, i'm a newbie to this forum, actually on any forum. just want to ask my first question. <P>i have a 95 MX-3 GS and for the life of me, i can't get rid of these black marks (debris) from my rims. i don't know what they are, but it seem to be quite a bit. <P>i searched the forum and only suggestion is to sand blast them. <P>just wondering if there's an alternative to get rid of these black markings on my baby.<P>Thanks</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The black stuff is powder from your brake pads - after you clean the wheels throw some wax on them and it'll help the powder to just kind of "blow off" rather than embed itself onto the little imperfections in your wheels.
Speed Kills - Drive a honda, live forever...
MX3Gurl

Post by MX3Gurl »

Thanks 4 the tips...

Return to “Appearance”