I also finished my paintjob

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
RanMan

I also finished my paintjob

Post by RanMan »

Here it is. It is not 100% perfect, but for my FIRST attempt at painting a car, I think it turned out ok. <P> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image
NYmx3power

Re: I also finished my paintjob

Post by NYmx3power »

hey ranman that is a kicka$$ job i like a lot<BR> good job for your first paint job
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

Unique
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

The job looks like a tattoo. You must have natural talent, it came out really great. I suggest making a living out of it. ;)
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

Looks good Bro<P>Very original!!
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Thanks. The paint was practically flawless until I had to remove the tape and shoot the clearcoat. Clearcoat is a huge PAIN to get right. If you do not shoot it heavy enough, it will look rough and grainy, which means to get it shiny, you have to put on a nice heavy wet coat.....which is prone to sag/run. I used House of Kolor urethane enamel on the car. If you know anything about painting, then you know that urethane is very difficult to shoot. I was going to use Laquer, but the shop that I got the paint only carried enamel. Anyways, if you ever get your car painted, I HIGHLY recommend House of Kolor paint. It is expensive, but (to my knowledge) it is the best paint you can buy. The next car I paint (which will be my Integra) will be laquer (laquer allows you to sand out your mistakes....enamel doesn't).
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

did you repaint the whole car? or just the green area??? how did you go about doing it? Most people dont have access to high quality paint supplies
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

I repainted the entire car. I borrowed an air compressor from my grandad and my dad let me borrow his respirator and paint gun. The only cost to me was the paint (which was just under $600). I wet sanded the car with 320 grit sandpaper (using a DA sander) and then switched to a scotchbrite pad and elbow grease. It is a lot of work to wet sand a car to get it ready for painting. Once that was done, I masked everything off and shot the primer/sealer. Next was the black basecoat. After that, I shot an Intercoat clearcoat so I could tape out the design without damaging the paint). After the design was taped off, I sprayed the area with basecoat white. Then switched to my neon green. After the neon green, I had to spray the white pearlcoat. Once that was done, I had to remove the tape from the black part of the car (but leave the tape on the wheels/windows/trim). Once that was done, it was ready to shoot the 3 coats of clear. And that is all there is to painting a car *sarcasm*..haha.
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

looks good<P>did u paint the ebrows on or is it vinal
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Thanks. There is NO vinyl on the car anymore. The old paintjob was factory black with green vinyl racing stripes, but now.....all paint...including the eyebrows. And just so you people know, this is my WIFE'S CAR....I painted it for her birthday present.

Return to “Appearance”