want to change the interior of my car...where do I start

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
aqua93

want to change the interior of my car...where do I start

Post by aqua93 »

first let me say this is my first car, and I know nothing about it (or any car for that matter) I would like to do some things to my car, but to start off I'd like to fix up my interior. Now in my car, the top is tan, and the bottom is black....is this just a strange thing in my car or is it an all mx-3 thing? Im must say, I'm not a fan of the tan and I definatly don't like the fact that my interior is two different colors. So what I'm asking is how can I change my cloth tan upper interior to black? How much would it cost? Any ideas would be very helpfull. Thanks!<BR>Trisha
~Trisha~
voltaire

Re: want to change the interior of my car...where do I start

Post by voltaire »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aqua93:<BR><STRONG>first let me say this is my first car, and I know nothing about it (or any car for that matter) I would like to do some things to my car, but to start off I'd like to fix up my interior. Now in my car, the top is tan, and the bottom is black....is this just a strange thing in my car or is it an all mx-3 thing? Im must say, I'm not a fan of the tan and I definatly don't like the fact that my interior is two different colors. So what I'm asking is how can I change my cloth tan upper interior to black? How much would it cost? Any ideas would be very helpfull. Thanks!<BR>Trisha</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I'm pretty sure that two-tone interior is not normal, someone must have swapped it in the past.<P>That being said, if you are going to switch the upper parts from tan to black, I want dibs on the tan stuff you take out. In particular, I need the little headliner insert for the sunroof. Is your's in good shape? The rest of the headliner would probably be difficult to ship, so junk yards are your best bet. The black interiors are A LOT easier to find than the tan/brown/taupe color.<P>Just remember, I got dibs on at least your sunroof headliner insert if you decide to change. Maybe if I can find you the Black headliner, I'll trade you for the Tan/Brown/Taupe?<P>Let me know if you'd be interested.<P>fisaza@directvinternet.com<p>[ August 26, 2002: Message edited by: voltaire ]
saiyajin

Post by saiyajin »

Whats up man, mine is a similar color more beige and I hated it, I started painting it lik 2 days ago and I am almsot done because I could not finish straight threw. First off what I did was I took off the pieces under my stick and under the dash. I left the doors and the dash on. First i took fantasik and sprayed and scrubbed it on i washed it off and dried it nice. Then I took clear primer in a can and gently from about a foot to a foot and a half away spray stop spray stopped on it ( not continuous spraying because then it runs. I elt it dry for 10- 15 mins and put on another clear coat. This helps the paint stick better. Then I took the spray in the can (I used blue) I again gentley sparyed so that it was like a dust sprinkleing on the areas. I let it dry for 15 mins or so and put another lite dust coating on it (remember not to keep it on continual spray and keep it atleast a foot away so it doesnt run) I basically did this about 3-5 times depending on how long it takes to look solid, might even take more. The key is paitence, i wanted to spray it all and get it over with but if u do that it will look shitty. Basically start around 12 pm and ypu should finish by 9 at night. Oh and newspaper up the windows and the cloth parts or else u r fucked. and buy about 2 cans of spray paint and 1 of primer. any questions just ask<P>Ash
aqua93

Post by aqua93 »

Oh and newspaper up the windows and the cloth parts or else u r fucked. and buy about 2 cans of spray paint and 1 of primer. any questions just ask<P>Ash[/QB][/QUOTE]<P>Thankyou so much, problem is, it's ALL cloth! :s, so I can't really paint it I don't think. But thankyou for your help!
~Trisha~
aqua93

Post by aqua93 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by voltaire:<BR><STRONG><P>I'm pretty sure that two-tone interior is not normal, someone must have swapped it in the past.<P>That being said, if you are going to switch the upper parts from tan to black, I want dibs on the tan stuff you take out. In particular, I need the little headliner insert for the sunroof. Is your's in good shape? The rest of the headliner would probably be difficult to ship, so junk yards are your best bet. The black interiors are A LOT easier to find than the tan/brown/taupe color.<P>Just remember, I got dibs on at least your sunroof headliner insert if you decide to change. Maybe if I can find you the Black headliner, I'll trade you for the Tan/Brown/Taupe?<P>Let me know if you'd be interested.<P>fisaza@directvinternet.com<P>[ August 26, 2002: Message edited by: voltaire ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>That would be great! Any place to start is a good place, and I'm sure if the sunroof is black, the rest of the tan wouldn't be so noticable...so if you could find a black headliner, we could definatly trade<BR> :)
~Trisha~

Return to “Appearance”