headlight conversion????

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: headlight conversion????

Post by wyldside »

Well, best of luck to you. Be sure to send some picks of your progress and the finished project.<P>-James
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

i recommend 'auto explosion' in gardena, california. my friends who do conversions on their cars go there and that shop is widely populated by featured cars in the import car magazines and etc. they do VERY good work and thats where im getting my head/tail conversion soon.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

well im in texas and i dont have any way or the money to go there for a week or more so they could do the conversion. i have a shop that will do the conversion plus there thinking about sponsoring me so they could foot some of the bill. plus i looked and they look very similar in tyhe front as in bosdy panels so i dont think it will be too diff.<P>but thanks for the advice :D
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!

bump!!!!<p>[ September 20, 2002: Message edited by: natural born honda killer ]
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!

any more comments or suggestions?!?!?!?
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
93emeraldGS

Post by 93emeraldGS »

its an idea but if u wanted to make it look like a celica then u should buy a celica...i think adding other brands body parts on a mx3 is blastphemy...hehe....if u add aftermarket parts isnt as bad...cause ur not taking another car...so what iam saying is if u add a bodykit its okay but if u take a celica front end and add its not..hehe....mx3 ownz plain and simple....my 2cents....oh yea its ultimately your choice..so gl with it
Psyrg

Post by Psyrg »

Unfortunatly, I have a great dislike for the newer angular style designs car manufacturers are making now. However, I have thought about putting the headlights from a Celica st20x seriexs car. Thats the older 1996 (I'll have to check that) model with the twin round headlights.<P>I just really like round headlights. :)
tk1138

Post by tk1138 »

I really want to do a rear bumper conversion to something like the celicas with the under spoiler. The rest of it I really have no opinion on.<BR>As far as the glass on the headlights: If you can get someone to grind non-sphereical curves on large surfaces, you can get a THICK lens that will have similar or better preformance than the plastic one without the fresnol look. Just buffing won't work correctly.<P>Good luck.
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.
HRO

Post by HRO »

I think the Celica headlight conversion would look sick. I was really contemplating doing it myself, but i'm not going to paint my car till next year so I decided to hold off. I may find another headlight to do it with tho. I say go for it, it will look really good!!
My Cardomain Site<p>Image<p> FBSS Air suspension, 12 gallon tank, viair 450 comp

thanks and i know a body shop guy that will help me do it. plus i get to get rid of all my dents at the same time and get fresh paint. i think ill go porsche yellow color and then gun metal rims(17 inch konig rated r's) with the celica front end. that would be beautiful in my eyes at least. could someone photoshop a pic for me. if not its cool. thanks.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!

Return to “Appearance”