Another all red tailights question

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Brainless

Another all red tailights question

Post by Brainless »

I just bought some Krylon red translucide paint and Krylon clear coat to paint my tailights. I tested the red paint on a clear piece of plastic and it looks a bit pink. Has anyone tryed this paint before cause I don't wanna end up w/ pinky tailights?<P>thanx
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: Another all red tailights question

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brainless:<BR><STRONG>I just bought some Krylon red translucide paint and Krylon clear coat to paint my tailights. I tested the red paint on a clear piece of plastic and it looks a bit pink. Has anyone tryed this paint before cause I don't wanna end up w/ pinky tailights?<P>thanx</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> I used Testors Translucent paint. I am in the midst of doing my third pair and they will be on ebay soon.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Tman

Post by Tman »

Where can you find the translucent spray paint? I looked in a couple of stores just for the hell of it, and i haven't seen any. I was hoping I could buy it at a homedepot or Lowes.
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(
SmokyMcGee

Post by SmokyMcGee »

it does look pink but after a few layers you will see that its not
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brainless:<BR><STRONG>I just bought some Krylon red translucide paint and Krylon clear coat to paint my tailights. I tested the red paint on a clear piece of plastic and it looks a bit pink. Has anyone tryed this paint before cause I don't wanna end up w/ pinky tailights?<P>thanx</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>yea. what you have to do is put more than one layer and itll get red....especially since when you tested it...it turned out pink because you tried it on clear plastic. if you put it on the red/amber taillights, youll notice its red instead of pink. just put around 4-5 LIGHT coats, dont thicken it or itll be dripping and uneven and will be hard to see the brake light. id recommend a clearcoat afterwards too since itll be out in the environment. i used a krylon satin and works REALLY good.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike

Return to “Appearance”