Wax

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Talon_66

Wax

Post by Talon_66 »

Does anyone know where or recommend a good Cut wax/polish? My GS spoiler is heavily faded along with my mirrors, and I wanna shine this s--- up again
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
canadian_ice

Re: Wax

Post by canadian_ice »

The new turtle wax...the one where its the same colour as your car - "Turtle Wax Colour Cure" :D
Shades

Post by Shades »

I second Canadian Ice... It's comes with a lipstick type thing of wax for deep scratches. You apply the hole/scratch with the lipstick thing... then apply the liquid colour wax... and then polish it off. Worked like a charm for me...<P>I loved the way the water beads off the car after a good wax...
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

Yeah I know Shades! I applied it on my door just to see the difference and it was incredible. I was really impressed with Colour Cure.
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

I was seriously considering buying it when I saw it @ Crappy Tire today, but the guy said he didn't have anything that would really work, so I went home, but now I know.I am not sure if I have the money to get it now cuase I am getting another tattoo soon and its gonna cost $$$$
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
mazda_stud

Post by mazda_stud »

nu-finsh it kicks the crap out of anything out there. It lasts longer to. I used that colour cure stuff and it did not compare to the Nu-finish polish. :)
LIFE IS A HIGHWAY I WANT TO DRIVE IT ALL NIGHT LONG!
joshuabray

Post by joshuabray »

I agree nu-finish works the best. I applied it about 5 months ago and it still shines like new after a car wash. Turtle wax is ok but doesnt even compare to nu-finish.
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

zymol is amazing<BR>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

I modify my vote - nu finish is awesome! Tried it yesterday and my car is slippery to the touch. Try Colour Cure to revive your paint's colour though, if you haven't.
Shades

Post by Shades »

Hmmm... Yeah I'll have to try Nu-Finish when my bottle of Colour Cure is done. Sounds like a good product...<P>Oh, by the way is Nu-Finish a cut wax?<p>[ July 12, 2002: Message edited by: Shades ]
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

I've used Nu-Finsh for the past 2 years. Great stuff, kicks a-- and works great!
mattster

Post by mattster »

nothing compares to Mcgwires wax... anyone ever tries that stuff?
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page
tinkertank

Post by tinkertank »

My favorite is Mother's Ultimate Wax System.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.mothers.com/UWS_Illus/UWS_Illus.jpg" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mothers.com/UWS_Illus/UWS_Illus.jpg</A> <P>It takes a long time (3 steps, cleaner, glaze, wax) but it's an unbeatable shine. Hid a lot of the paint damage on my 92' MX-3. :D
MX-3 - 4 cyl. ('92)

Return to “Appearance”