interior pieces rattling/squeaking?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
xXx_OTEP_xXx

interior pieces rattling/squeaking?

Post by xXx_OTEP_xXx »

anyone have problems with their car rattling, creaking, and squeaking when they're driving? i'm talking about the interior panels

i have a loud, annoying squeak noise coming from the passenger side, it sounds like its coming from where the seat belt piece connects to the car..

something in the hatch is rattling extremely loud whenever i hit a patch of road that isnt perfectly flat

also when i have my subs on, my dashboard rattles EXTREMELY loud. its the thin piece closed to the windshield that is rattling. if i hold it down with my hand, most of it goes away, but i havent been able to get it to stop when im not touching it..

anyone else have these problems or know what i could do..? Thanks guys
Sold my 95 RS "Little Peanut" but she will never be forgotten. :(
millionflame

Re: interior pieces rattling/squeaking?

Post by millionflame »

I think almost everyone has these problems, and short of just tightening all the pieces down again there's not much you can do.

You can use screws instead of those plastic grommets things, and put some sort of rubber like a gasket sealant on the back of the pieces.

~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

It happens alot with older cars in the colder months. Even some newer cars when it gets cold enough. What you'll need to do is try to dampen the offending panel by either putting Dynamat on the backside and/or put foam padding between that panel and the panel it's hitting. Depends on the cause of the noise (i.e. hitting another panel, or the panel is just flexing.)
XxLuieLinesxX

Post by XxLuieLinesxX »

mine is pretty bad too..everytime i'm at a light or stop the car it starts shaking really loud in the back by the hatch....i took off that plastic piece in the back and it helped alittle
gsrbomb

Post by gsrbomb »

I'm really tired of that noises from the hatch.

I decided to go at the Mazda dealer to get some new clips and i will dismantle the entire interior to stop these fu***** noises !
-1994 GS ENTIRELY STOCK, BUT NOT FOR LONG!-
Taras

Post by Taras »

I used pieces of double sided tape and placed it aroung ever hole where clips go. I have not removed the second side sticky part. Just used it because it has a foamy in between the two sticky parts. What that does it makes all the panels fit tighter into their places. Of course adjust the clips so they are tighter as well, expecially the metal ones. Then, who wants to take their interior apart?

For the trunk, you just have to move the lock ***embly (on the car side, not the hatch) down, so it pulls the hatch lower and closer to the car body. Fixes the hatch rattles.

Good luck with yours.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
XxLuieLinesxX

Post by XxLuieLinesxX »

how do u move the lock ***embly down for the hatch?
Taras

Post by Taras »

You know the hook on the hatch that goes into a locking mechanism in the trunk? Well, if you take the middle rearmost plastic panel in the trunk off, you will see two bolts that, loosened, will move the lock ***embly up or down. What you want is for the hatch to fit tighter to the body of the car, so it will not squeak. Good luck.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
xXx_OTEP_xXx

Post by xXx_OTEP_xXx »

i'll try that, thanks. :welder:
Sold my 95 RS "Little Peanut" but she will never be forgotten. :(
XxLuieLinesxX

Post by XxLuieLinesxX »

i will 2..thanks
nksmx-3

Post by nksmx-3 »

i used to have major rattles coming from my hatch area,and totaly dismembered the whole area. still no fix. one day, i was messing with my speakers and noticed that on both sides they were hanging on by one screw. so i filled the bottom area with newspaperso that the speakers didnt bounce anymore and no more rattles
late night conversations turn into a fight, and all the years youve been frustrated finaly subside, and you walk away, to face the day, alone.
back alley

Post by back alley »

i put a folded blanket on my hatch cover, for weight. that seemed to stop the last of my noises coming from the rear.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”