NEC VFD

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
xtcme

NEC VFD

Post by xtcme »

Would anybody have any info on NEC VFD's? This is used for the clock in the guage cluster. I've got an extra and removed the VFD and I can't find any info on the net. W hat I'm trying to do is change the color of the clock from green to blue. I know it's a shot in the dark but figured I'd try. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] <P>Dave
o69er, o69er, we got wh*res in the city, we need backup now!
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: NEC VFD

Post by Custommx3 »

Isnt there a film some of your PC case modders use to turn the LCD to a different color? Ive seen it somewhere, but Im not reallu sure where. My guess is that it will chaneg the color, but make it hard to read.<BR>As far as your VFD's, arent most of them in monochrome, unless you go with an LCD? Your talking alot of work to change that out.
xtcme

Re: NEC VFD

Post by xtcme »

Yeah, I thought about going with a colored "condem" to slightly change the tint. As far a work is concerned it's only desoldering 32 pins. VFD's can come in many colors, but to my dismay I can't find any info on this model. I would imagine I'm going to just replace the whole asembly with something else, I got time on the radio!<P>Dave
o69er, o69er, we got wh*res in the city, we need backup now!

Return to “Appearance”