Ideas on My MX

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
DDO49

Ideas on My MX

Post by DDO49 »

Ok, I am now beginning to start painting my interior, so far I have pulled the panel around the cd player and the vents above it.<BR>I have the G-Force kit on it's way and my plan is to repaint my car a dark metallic green with some parts white, my idea on the interior is to paint the vents and all the common stuff that will stand out the color white, here is some pics please inform me on your opinions. <BR> Image <P> Image
G-Force body kit, 17 inch TSW's, custom sterio and soon swap for KLZE
marshmallow15

Re: Ideas on My MX

Post by marshmallow15 »

check out my site. i re-did my interior in black and white accents. <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/driftclubop/mx3.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.geocities.com/driftclubop/mx3.htm</A>
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Mx3Mazda

Post by Mx3Mazda »

do u guys jsut use spray paint to do ur interior, or do u use something else or do u get it professionally done??? thanks<BR>kendal
Q187

Post by Q187 »

I painted my side vents, middle vent, front speaker covers, ash tray door, and the panel around the CD player all white. I just used white spray paint from Lowes. The trick is to clean it VERY good. Windex works if that's all you have. Then spray many thin layers. Don't cover the whole surface with one thick coat. I'de say spray a thin layer on each piece and let it dry for a good hour. Do that about 4-5 times and it should look great. Good luck.

Post by Guest »

what size rims u got on there??
DDO49

Post by DDO49 »

I have 17 " TSW wheels, and thanx for the info I'll put the pics up on how it turned out.
DDO49

Post by DDO49 »

Here is what I've done so far, how do you get the vents towards the end off or do I have to tape it up? this was real easy to do, just it was a &%$&# to get back on =)<P>well check it out Image <P> Image <P> Image
DDO49

Post by DDO49 »

Onother question the part around the speedometer, there is three screws holding it from the top, do I have to remove the steering wheel to get to the rest?
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

i was able to take off the entire gauge assembly with the steering wheel on. it's doable. and about the side air vents....on the very top of the vents, pick into the crack with your nail and pull it outwards and it should come off a little, then grab the sides and slide it off.
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

at least your interior came black stock. mine didn't and i'm still fixing it =/
- team slideways
Ogimoj

Post by Ogimoj »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DDO49:<BR><STRONG>Onother question the part around the speedometer, there is three screws holding it from the top, do I have to remove the steering wheel to get to the rest?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The little cover above the steering column, below and in front of the gauge cluster just pops off... You'll find the last two screws there. If you put your steering wheel all the way down, you'll have just enough room to get everything out w/o having to pull it off.
DDO49

Post by DDO49 »

ok thanx alot for the help
DDO49

Post by DDO49 »

Now I have 1 more question the part that surrounds the shifter(not the entire panel) just the trim, does it come off?
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

theres like 3 parts you have to take off. Its all averlaping. I wish I could tell you more but i dont have my car right now. Hope that helps a little bit.
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

Return to “Appearance”