Thinking of buying a Mx-3

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
loudsubz

Thinking of buying a Mx-3

Post by loudsubz »

Me, of all people, wants to buy an mx-3 :)

I never thought id like them, but they have grown on me, and I am thinking of getting out of the civic scene because its getting out of hand with the cops now etc.

Got a few questions.

The KLZE, can it be swapped into the 4cyl car, or is it just for the v6 ver? Is there some more info on this swap I can find?

Also about parts, since the mx-3 is discontinued I know there isn't alot of aftermarket parts for it like a civic, but what about regular OEM parts, are they pricey to replace?

Last question, just wondering if theres any problems I should be worrying about with the mx? I know the Distributor likes to go on them, but any other problems I might have to look out for? Just any generasl info.

thanks alot.
jwillistyl55

Re: Thinking of buying a Mx-3

Post by jwillistyl55 »

ok first if u want a ze def go wit the v6 gs cuz the 4 banger can be swapped for a ze but plan on droppin a hell of alot more time and money into the project as about the after market parts they dont ahve as many as the civic but it has enought try searchin either on the web or in the forum for what mod ur lookin for and plus alot of people cuztomoize therer own mods so if u got a dream ask on the apperance forum and alot of people will chime in to help ur mod dreams come true and about the reliablity the only prob ive had on my rs (4 banger) at 155K miles is the flex pipe in the exhaust but from what i hear that part goes bad easy on a lot of imports but if u interested in comin back from the dark side this is def the place to do itgood luck and welcome

cody
SPEED KILLS! SAVE A LIFE! DRIVE A HONDA!!!
uppitycracker

Post by uppitycracker »

Hey Im selling my GS v6. Its the cheapest v6 in the auto trader and Id bet money its in the best shape.

My car on the auto trader

<small>[ October 01, 2003, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: uppitycracker ]</small>
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

thanks guys.

uppity cracker: link dont work.

I def like the mx-3 my buddy rob (polski_mx3) has an mx-3 and I really like his car.

This is def what also got me hooked to, this car

http://www.sounddomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=282371&make_type_query=make%3DMazda&model_brand_query=model%3DMX-3&tree=Mazda%20MX-3

I loved it since I first saw it. Im not worried about aftermarket support so much because Im more a sleeper kinda guy, I dont like to buy every wing or projector light or add on they have for a car out there, I like more subtle look with rims and a drop, to me less is more.

Im def going to be looking into mx3 more now for winter I might pick up one and work on it, Im def a hands on kinda guy so I wana attempt my own swap etc, because Ive done suspension alot on civics and numerous other jobs on my own car rather than pay someone to do it.

thanks
thebonestockkid

Post by thebonestockkid »

hey bro.. ya i never thought you would have considering buying an mx3 lol. remember in the summer you slapped those springs on my car? everything is fine! aside from a little camber up front, it rides awesome and i cant complain :D as for the ze dropping into a 4banger... you CAN do it, but really its way too much money. look for a 5spd V6 with high kms that you can pick up for cheap, swap probably wont cost you more than 4gs for -EVERYTHING- thats including labour at a shop, but if you diy it'll probably be a lot cheaper. anyway man, ttyl, hope you find one
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Originally posted by uppitycracker:
Hey Im selling my GS v6. Its the cheapest v6 in the auto trader and Id bet money its in the best shape.

My car in the auto trader
BTW, you wanna post a link for autotrader, what you need to do it click the "Send To a Friend" or something link and have it e-mail to yourself, and use THAT link...trust me, i've done it

As for 4cyl, ask Marlon, you can swap a B6 or BP engine into them, but can easilly be boosted to 350hp (i think), 450hp with some reinforcing of the drivetrain...the problem is that the 4cyl rs doesnt have the same handeling/braking package as the GS

<small>[ October 01, 2003, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</small>
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
jwillistyl55

Post by jwillistyl55 »

nd4spd how do u get 300+ horses in the 4 banger i dont know anything about the b motors are they 4 cyl i will search the forum now but i saw ur post and i am interested cuz i got the look i want for my rs (at least till barry sells the projectors) and now im lookin for more umf and i already have the exhaust intake and chip and i want power without a turbo if u wanna email me its jwillistyl55@yahoo.com cuz i dont want this to start to go off topic thanks

cody
SPEED KILLS! SAVE A LIFE! DRIVE A HONDA!!!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

dave lauzier has a BPT(urbo)'ed MX-3, it was a V6, and he did a v6 to 4cyl swap, and its running 11's

here's a link
http://pages.infinit.net/martyy2k/MX3.htm

I belive he parted out the drivetrain - the engine a while ago, some guys baught parts off of him, i remember he had re-inforced drive axles to handle the 450hp

B6 and BP engies had a factory turbo option, so they are turbo ready, and can handle good amout of boost, dont ask me which one and how much cause i dont know, i'm a v6'er :D

<small>[ October 01, 2003, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</small>
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
uppitycracker

Post by uppitycracker »

My car on the auto trader

Thanks for the tip needforspeed
DVH

Post by DVH »

Im sellin mine pretty cheap, $6000 obo.....u can stick the BPT in it and it already looks good!

pics are in my sig and all over the place...lol

later :D
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
uppitycracker

Post by uppitycracker »

you and your sexy car dvh :confused2:

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”