GS FRONT-END PARTS - WHAT'S WHAT?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
gleichnerr

GS FRONT-END PARTS - WHAT'S WHAT?

Post by gleichnerr »

Ok, escuse me if I sound "stupid", but from monitoring some of the discussions, it appears that the stock urethane parts that make up the nose of the GS consist of two parts.<P>Q1. What are the correct / common names for these two parts? (please describe them, so that an idiot like me can figure out which is which)<P>Q2. With aftermarket front-end parts, do some of the "kits" require that one of the stock parts be re-used with them? If so, which ones.<P>Q3. It sounds like if I will be driving my car in winter, (we usually get a fair amount of snow here), I should probably stick with parts made from Urethane. Is this correct? (It sounds like the 'glass parts get brittle, and if they cannot handle stone chips, they sure as heck will not tolerate mild encounters with snowdrifts / curbs) Basically, if I am hearing correctly - fiberglass noses should be reserved for "show" cars, or those that are only driven "down south", on good roads (or maybe with a bra).<P>Thanks in advance - I will probably need to replace the plastic parts on the front of my '92 GS, and I want to know which pieces I will need to look for / buy. The "lip" part that is close to the road is cracked and mis-aligned (the front half of it), and the sides are cracked near the side turn-signals.
Ron Gleichner<BR>1992 GS<BR>Stock (at least, for now)<P>ZOOMX3
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Re: GS FRONT-END PARTS - WHAT'S WHAT?

Post by monty73741 »

there are 4 main body parts<BR>the turn signals<BR>the side markers<BR>front bumper<BR>and front lip spoiler<P>prepare to pay alot for the front lip spoiler<BR>and there are alot of options on the front bumper from moding the stock to body kits<BR>but most are fiberglass so if your afraid to crack them the only alternative is the stock bumper/or jspec front bumper and last but not least a custom bumper big $ and you can have another body kit fitted but that is big buck too<BR>jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
heatherc

Post by heatherc »

I guess it depends on if u want your car to look nice all year..or just in the summer..for what u will have to pay for a new front lip, u could pay a couple extra dollars and get a whole new CS style front nose (which is sharp as hell)...I have an RS and did not have a stock front lip on my car, so I bought one from CS which incidentally took two months. I live in a hilly area of PA, and know that it can take wear and tear (from what i am told)Check into prices and see what U like. :)
-----------------------------------<BR>_/*\_ ¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤·.<BR>\ M׳/¸.·¤**¤ müÇh LØVê †Ø M¥ m×鮊<BR>/.·*·.\¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤<BR>-----------------------------------
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

i am going to buy the jspec front end because it is eurothane...i have a tendacy to scrape things.....and dont want to crack fiberglass<BR>jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
precidian

Post by precidian »

I have the topmix chin spoiler and also the stock GS spoiler.<P>When the weather starts getting colder, my rims and topmix soiler come off and my stock GS spoiler and wheels go back on... I have had no real problems with my car in the winter....even with the car lowered 1.5"...<BR>and yes we do get snow up here too.<P>cheers,
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
RaspMetalicMX3SE

Post by RaspMetalicMX3SE »

precidian, why do you take off your spoiler the cold won't do anything to it i live in Rochester NY and theres some guys that drive there lil civics with full body kits and chromes in the winter. it should be fine to drive with it on dunn.

Return to “Appearance”