Need Help on Interior Painting/cutomizing

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
mazdaspeed002

Need Help on Interior Painting/cutomizing

Post by mazdaspeed002 »

Can anyone give me some good sites with help or some good tips on doing interior customizing? I would like to know what kind of paint and what procedures to take to get the best look when i do painting. Also, does anyone knwo some good ways to customize your seat covers. The seats with teal on them are ugly and i'd like to try and take a stab at redoing the seats myself. Anything you can guys can tell me i would appreciate! Thanks!
SmokyMcGee

Re: Need Help on Interior Painting/cutomizing

Post by SmokyMcGee »

I used the touch up spray paint on my interior. I first used regular silver spray paint, it rubbed off easily...so I took it all out and did it over with exterior touch up paint and it doesnt rub off at all. As for the seat covers, in the near future Im gonna be ordering a custom set from this place.. <A HREF="http://www.wetokole.com/" TARGET=_blank>Wet Okole</A>
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
Postman2K

Post by Postman2K »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mazdaspeed002:<BR><STRONG>Can anyone give me some good sites with help or some good tips on doing interior customizing? I would like to know what kind of paint and what procedures to take to get the best look when i do painting. Also, does anyone knwo some good ways to customize your seat covers. The seats with teal on them are ugly and i'd like to try and take a stab at redoing the seats myself. Anything you can guys can tell me i would appreciate! Thanks!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>i just finished painting my interior, red. it came out great, only took me the weekend. i went to a local craft store (Michaels) and bought "Krylon Grey Primer", "Banner Red", and most important clear coat. i also bought some 300 grit sandpaper. <P>take part the pieces that you want painted. sanding is the first step, make sure everything is sanded (make sure there are surface scratches, it really helps the paint stick to that surface. remember don't rush. two solid coats of primer should do it, 30min between each coat. (i gave the primer a good 4 hrs). then spray paint the parts in a well ventilated area. three solid coats should do it. don't spray in one spot to long or it will built up, and look uneven. make sure you get every angle, nook and cranny. again take your time. finally when the paint is all good and dry, use clear coat to seal in your masterpiece. i recommend 5 coats. its washable and durable. the finihed product is amazing. <P>anyways if you have any more questions, email me at<P>PostmanProductions@excite.com
2007 Mazda3 GT Hatchback (Phantom Blue Mica) - DAILY DRIVER
2004 Mazda3 GT Hatchback (Passion Lava Orange) - FOR SALE
1994 Mazda Mx-3 GS (Laguna Blue) - RETIRED/JUNKED
1995 Mazda Mx-3 RS (Dark blue) - SOLD
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

hey there,<P>Nice to see someone else from new jersey. <BR>I painted some of my interior pieces silver and they cam out pretty nice. I used a paint called dupli-color bought from carparts. I bought the GM340 silver which did not require the clear coat. All i did was take the pieces off the dash and then washed them with a degreaser detergent and then sprayed them lightly in even coats at least 5 times till there was no black spots left on the parts. If you don't do the sanding part you gotta make sure there is no greasy oily spots left on the pieces, so don't handle them with fingers in areas you are going to paint.<BR>I live in the flemington area so if you want to see my car I can meet you somewhere.<BR>Laters
SmokyMcGee

Post by SmokyMcGee »

my mom lives in Harrison, are you familiar with that area?
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

I'm not familiar with Harrison but I know where it is. It is pretty near madison where I go to university.
avino

Post by avino »

i want to do my interior, but it seems so iffy. I don't really trust myself doing that. u guys think I should give it a shot ?
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

Avino,<P>None of us can tell you what to do. It is up to you completely. I have to admit I was apprehensive about painting the plastic parts in my SE but with good attention to making sure there is no grease on the parts and that they were well cleaned I bit the bullet and gave it a shot. Bought dupli-color brand spray paint which said it was for interior painting and used very light coats on the plastic parts. you have to go slowly, it is not a 5min job. the lighter you spray and evenly the better it turns out in the end. The key is light coats and very clean pieces you plan to paint. I would not paint the dashboard vinyl with this paint, just the plastic pieces which will give a nice accent to your interior.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Return to “Appearance”