Clean Underneath

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Quazi5

Clean Underneath

Post by Quazi5 »

ok, check it. I'm surfin the UBB and I'm runnin across alot of pics of other people's engines are almost spotless... How the hell did you all do this? I mean, I can understand it if the engine is new or somethin' but some of these cars are as old as mine or or older. I know it sounds really corny but it's been bothering me for a while and I honestly don't know how to clean everything without royally messing up my engine. I've tried once with a pressure washer but that knocked some of my vac hoses loose... I almost couldn't get it to the shop. Anyway... any help in this area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :(
Blake Gibson<BR>'93 Black MX-3 GS<BR>Anyday is a good day if I'm in my MX-3.
5spd_GS

Re: Clean Underneath

Post by 5spd_GS »

i used a product by CD2 called the "clean engine kit".. cost about $12 canadian, its two cans, one is a spray on degreaser and the other is a neutralizer for the degreaser/takes the remaining oils off of your block. it worked amazingly...
Calen Sansom
1994 MX-3 GS Sparkle Green
DVH

Post by DVH »

yeah me too, here's a pic of my engine bay for proof..i did some painting but, its really clean looking , compared to what it used to look like<BR>later :D
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
DVH

Post by DVH »

oopps.didn't work, here ya go<BR> :D
Car Domain Web page MX-3
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

Hey DVH - where'd you get the paint? The only stuff I can find is a $10 spray can from Canadian Tire. It seems hard spraying the stuff on - I'd prefer to brush.
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

Have you heard of Metalcast by Dupli-Color if you can get your hands on some of that it would look really good.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
Quazi5

Post by Quazi5 »

Clean engine kit by CD2, huh? Ok, Where can I get this product and is it available at regular stores such as Advance, Discount, Napa, Autozone, or is it only available online and what would be a good place to start searching for it. Thanks.<P>Gibbo
Blake Gibson<BR>'93 Black MX-3 GS<BR>Anyday is a good day if I'm in my MX-3.
DVH

Post by DVH »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by canadian_ice:<BR><STRONG>Hey DVH - where'd you get the paint? The only stuff I can find is a $10 spray can from Canadian Tire. It seems hard spraying the stuff on - I'd prefer to brush.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Take the valve cover off and spray paint it, its pretty easy, i got my paint from performance improvements, if u live in TO. they probably have one there. <BR>For manifold, i had to brush that on, cuz i couldn't get it off. So all i did was spray some paint in a litte plastic container and dip the brush in and brushe it on, worked great i thought! went through the whole winter with it like that and apint sticked great! hope that helps, later bro <P> :D
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

Man all you need is degreaser and you put the degreaser in a bottle spray it on heavily and just let it sit for 10 min then spray it with a hose not a power washer hehe and then do it again my engine bay is spotless. Good luck. PS. you can get a whole 1 litre jug of degreaser for about the same amount as that other stuff.
Steve
white fish

Post by white fish »

what kind of degreaser

Return to “Appearance”