window tinting

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
hemi1

window tinting

Post by hemi1 »

hey everyone, I was wondering what is a good shade for the hatch and doors, I was thinking 15% hatch and 30-35% doors. <BR>what has everyone done to theirs? <BR>What is too dark?
BumpNGlow

Re: window tinting

Post by BumpNGlow »

I have 5% on the back right now and I expect to get at least 35% on the sides, maybe in the 20s... its dark from theback. You definately can't see in
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

Hey man do all the windows the same! It looks stupid if you back window it dark as s**t and your sides are not just get 20% all around. I did and it looks really good.
Steve
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

You got to remember to if you got a really cool interior that no one will see it if the windows are dark.<P>I did 15% all the way around and now I have to have my windows down if I want to show my car.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

i did 15% rear and 35% on the sides......<BR>i wanted to see out the sides @ night......<BR>my interior is black so you cant see in<BR>jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
mx32nv

Post by mx32nv »

I used to have 5% on sides and back..then I got pulled over twice by state troopers so I said the heck with that and now I have 50% on side and 35% on the back. Unfortunatly for me that's VA law. Belive it or not though from certain angles the 50% on the sides looks a lot darker than it really is...my interior is a bit on the dark side anyways.<P>I have heard that I can go 5% on the back but I don't know if I'm going to do that right now.
Troy<BR>Richmond, VA
hemi1

Post by hemi1 »

I can't go dark in the side windows 35% is the lightest I can find where I am, and plus there are laws preventing me from going limo dark in the sides, the hatch doesn't matter. but I figure I can't go super dark. I do want to be able to almost see out at night.
Q187

Post by Q187 »

I have 15 on back and sides. I want to get 35 up front.
Wildman640

Post by Wildman640 »

I have 20 on the sides, 35 rear, and 5 for the front strip
hemi1

Post by hemi1 »

I have another problem with tinting.<BR>I was up to the local Decal shop yesterday and he was doing great with the tinting, when he ran into a problem, he has to use the heat gun to take the wavs out but he couldn't get all of them because I have the Hatch shade. He told me it had to be removed, in order to get the perfect match on the outside, so he wouldn't be struggling in the inside.<BR>My gueston is should I get the shade removed? and is it liable to break?<BR> As far as I know it is the factory piece and has been on there for 10 years (since 92) so it may be brittle. And if it breaks is it possible to find another one?<BR>I love the look of the shade and I believe it's rare so I don't want to loose it.
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

20% all around. I like the same shade because I think it looks funky w/ 2 dif shades. Also I didnt get the front strip becuse it looks outta place too.<p>[ April 25, 2002: Message edited by: I_love_my_MX-3 ]
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

Return to “Appearance”