indiglo guages question

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Sonicxtacy02

indiglo guages question

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

Can someone explain to me how these gauges on ebay can be installed without removing the needles? Does anyone have these. I cant imagine them going on correctly without fooling with the needles!
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Maddbuck

Re: indiglo guages question

Post by Maddbuck »

post a link on the ebay ones and I'll have a look. I got indiglos from speedhut and you put them on without removing the needles. the glo peice is one piece and the faces are three separate ones. it is tricky to route the glo piece through all 4 needles but it can be done. the speedo and rev faces were easy, the hard one was the fuel/temp face. <BR>Hope that helps some. :roll:
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

yeah supposedly they are the same without removel.....but i want the reverse indiglos.....so i have to order them from speed hut.com<BR>jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

Thanx for the link<P>They look very similar to the speedhut one's. If they are of the same concept as the speedhut one's then they should work fine. <P>I have the reverse indiglos and gauge rings from speedhut, they look great. white face with darkblue eurostyle font and custom logo.<P>good luck those look like they may fit ok. :roll:
93 mx-3 gs/se

Post by 93 mx-3 gs/se »

Maddbuck:<P>Can you post some pics of your guages at night?
justin h

Post by justin h »

I got them. I had to cut the back end of the needles off on the speedometer and the rpm's so they would fit over. They look really good and I took a picture of them. I just need to develop the pictures, then I'll post them when I get them back.
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

I have a couple of night pictures but they are on my website which I still have not got up yet. <BR>I took a few more last night and digitally enhanced them so they would look more acurate but the best alternative is to take them with a 35mm camera which I'm too lazy to do right now, maybe in the future. :roll:
xtcme

Post by xtcme »

You don't have to cut the butts off the needles. I carefully folded the cover (like a taco) and slipped them on. If I run across a digicam I'll snap some pics.
o69er, o69er, we got wh*res in the city, we need backup now!
pelado

Post by pelado »

I just installed these Indiglo gauge faces (brand name Speed-Glo) today. I bought them in a dutch auction on eBay. Don't pay more than 49.95 if you do cause that's what the two color ones cost direct from a mail order house.<P>The instructions are generic and they pretty much bite when it comes to installing them on an MX-3. I also had never removed the instrument cluster before and I didn't have a shop manual for my '93. The online shop manual is for a '94 and didn't work too well for me. The trickiest part was the lower dash cover, on the right hand side is a cover for an optional switch mine did not have. Remove this to find a screw behind it. I almost ripped this thing out thinking the right side was clipped in place.<P>Maddbuck, you're absolutely right the fuel/temp face was the toughest. I accidently popped the stinkin' fuel needle off trying to get the thing on. That damn tall clock set stalk definitely makes things complicated. I'd love to know the trick to getting that face on. JustinH, I also cut the ends off the speedo and tach needles with a Dremel tool because I was afraid of tearing the faces.<P>I also installed a Speedhut aluminum gauge surround. The combination of the white faces, aluminum rings, and black background looks pretty good!! :cool:
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
white fish

Post by white fish »

does anyone have the email address of the places you got your guages (exept speed hut) I want to try and talk the in to making them in Kilometers
pelado

Post by pelado »

xenonxenon168@AOL.COM<P>Initial K Auto Concepts, Inc.<BR>Attn: Xenon-Xenon<BR>P.O. BOX 465<BR>Walnut, CA 91788-0465<BR>U.S.A
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Return to “Appearance”