Waxing using Buffer??

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
A.S.

Waxing using Buffer??

Post by A.S. »

How do you use an electric buffer for waxing. Do you use it to apply the wax and remove it or just for removing. how hard should I push on the car and should I go in circles. Or should I just have it done professionally? Oh yah, whats a really good shiny wax?
hi
OsoSlo z28

Re: Waxing using Buffer??

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

if you have no idea on how to buff, i'd get it professionaly done and while you're there, ask them questions or just watch. if you do it wrong, you could burn through your clear coat.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

Ahhh! Paying someone else to wax your car? No way!<P>If you've got the circular kind of buffer, just apply alot of turtle wax on the cloth that u put over the actual buffer...then buff in circles over your car (dont push down hard on the body)...then, after the turtle wax is in good, you take that cover off and put on the other one...and buff til the stuff disappears.<P>Easiest thing ever.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by canadian_ice:<BR><STRONG>Ahhh! Paying someone else to wax your car? No way!<P>If you've got the circular kind of buffer, just apply alot of turtle wax on the cloth that u put over the actual buffer...then buff in circles over your car (dont push down hard on the body)...then, after the turtle wax is in good, you take that cover off and put on the other one...and buff til the stuff disappears.<P>Easiest thing ever.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The only thing I could add is that you will want to wait for the wax to dry to a white chalky look before you buff it back off. Otherwise you will just spread it around more
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Gruneun

Post by Gruneun »

It's easy. It probably goes without saying, but remember it's much easier to do a little additional buffing than trying to undo too much.<P>Brian
A.S.

Post by A.S. »

Thanks guys, Now whats a really good wax. I know Turtlewax makes a few different kinds, which one should I use? Oh yah, and while I'm at it I want to buff my headlight lenses, what should I use for them?
hi
Gruneun

Post by Gruneun »

There's a post about the headlight lenses in the Appearance section. I detailed how I did mine and they look brand new.<P>Brian

Return to “Appearance”