New paint job cost

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
mattster

New paint job cost

Post by mattster »

just wondering how much you guys pay to get a brand new paint job. i'm not taking about a touch up, but a complete change of color job. i want to change my blaze red color to a metallic lime green (like in fast and furious). please help me.
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page
finchuck

Re: New paint job cost

Post by finchuck »

I'd say your looking at at least $1,000 for a good job. You can spend thousands of dollars, but $1,000 will get you a decent job. You can find decent deals for like $500+ but that's like Maaco and whatnot. Your not gunna get a great paint job with them. But for the money, I guess it's allright. A few people I know had a lot of problems with their Maaco paint jobs.
<A HREF="http://www.finchuck.com" TARGET=_blank>Finchuck Online</A>
eunosads

Post by eunosads »

haven't got a clue what the cost would be, mainly cos I am in Australia.. but I do know that MOST of the cost involved is for preperation.. a lot of this you can do yourself.. hard work, bloddy hard work.. but you can save a bucket load..<P>@ds
- EUNOS 30X -
macnwigs

Post by macnwigs »

mine is in right now, and it's gonna be $2000. But the guys are stripping it completely down fixing every little stonechip dent wave ripple and imperfection. They've taken the doors, hood, hatch and bumpers off and are doing everything......
"A man is only as old as the woman he feels"
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein
Travis83

Post by Travis83 »

I have a Blaze Red 92 MX-3 GS that I'm getting repainted soon because it looks like s--- and plus I just ordered the fxdesigns body kit. I talked to a few different places and the best price that I have found was $1,300 (U.S.) :eek: for all the body work, and paint. Hope that helps.
****F.U.B.A.R. SINCE 03/30/02****<P>Blaze Red w/white racing stripes<BR>FX Designs Body Kit<BR>52" Aerospeed Aluminum Spoiler<BR>18X7.5 Konig Imagine Wheels<BR>Red underbody kit<BR>Blacklights inside
MrsOzx

Post by MrsOzx »

I just ordered an FX Designs kit too. Which one did u get? I got the one with the front lip that sticks out and the kick a-- side skirts. Damn thing was so expensive!!
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli
jrs1874

Post by jrs1874 »

My roomate paints cars for a living and he a said just for a basic clear coat paint for my car(same as original color) the paint alone is 300 dollars so you can imagine with prep work and fixing dents it won't be cheap.
Jason

Return to “Appearance”