HID Kits

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Bradmx32003

Re: HID Kits

Post by Bradmx32003 »

What the hecks a hid kit? is it those blueish lights i saw in part source for liek 50$???
Red 1992 Mx-3 GS, all stock.
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Aiden:
<p>
1.) This board is full of ruthless bastards that rip apart people's hard work on their cars and make fun of them for it.<p>2.) This board has many a--holes like above posters.<p>~A
<hr></blockquote><p>Maybe its me but werent you the person talkin ish about jade's car, also talking ish about my HID's without providing information to help me or others. Your full of ish and never back anything up. "I chose to show my pictures at my own discretion" is the classic line of someone that when put to the task, cant produce the goods. Oh ya i don't have some craze glare, i just dont have bright lights anymore but who needs em :D You can post with our trying to put down others or showing us what kind of fool you are, just like i told somene else on this board, you can be the smartest guy in the world but being an @ss doesn't make up for it..
Johns93GS

Post by Johns93GS »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DJPRO:
Image<p>later,
dee
A happy MX'er with HID's
<hr></blockquote><p>Now at least he has HID's... and again...
john kilfoyle .:. mx-3 fanatic
http://www.cardomain.com/id/johnmx3
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Aiden:
<p>**** you are a loser.<p>One, I don't even know how to do that in photoshop.<p>Two, there are in fact pictures of my REAL HID Bi-Xenon projectors.<p>1.) This board is full of ruthless bastards that rip apart people's hard work on their cars and make fun of them for it.<p>2.) This board has many a--holes like above posters.<p>3.) The headlights are only 95% done. They're in my car and I drive with them every single night, however I am waiting for my rivet gun and heat gun to be returned to finish them.<p>5.) No matter how good they are, no one here would accept them for what they are. All you people will do is rip on them and tell me how ****ty they are and how I wasted my time and money.<p>~A<hr></blockquote><p>One, you're the one who rips apart everyones projects everyone else wants to see what you have done before you rip anyone apart. So before you go calling everyone names maybe you should back up your statements with proof. You make yourself look like an *** with every post you make. show some pics of it finished or unfinished and maybe you'd be suprised at peoples reactions. Im just tired of seeing you post on the topic of HIDs and when asked to show what you have done refuse to post.<p>on a side note I too have an HID project pending the arrival of all my parts and having time to put it together. I'm using the projectors from a Lexus GS330 I think it is for this. I got the headlights for free because my step-brother works in a bodyshop and they were being replaced on a car cause the guy bought new ones after his accident. I'm trying to figure out if I can use the BMW self levelling system so that it doesnt glare in everyones eyes like a stationary system would when you go over the peak of a hill. Anyone know if it would work or would I need the ECU to control the lights? Also would it fit?<p>[ September 09, 2003: Message edited by: johnnyb ]</p>
back alley

Post by back alley »

jdm,
thanks for the reply.
last year i picked up some 'simulated' hid bulbs, xenon technology, higher output (brightness wise) and they were an improvement.
i was told that if i went with hella or equivalent that the improvement would be more dramatic. but they were more than twice the price.
this year i'm thinking about driving lights for winter driving. it's a long dark winter here in edmonton.
any opinions on driving lights?<p>thanks
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by johnnyb:

I'm trying to figure out if I can use the BMW self levelling system so that it doesnt glare in everyones eyes like a stationary system would when you go over the peak of a hill. Anyone know if it would work or would I need the ECU to control the lights? Also would it fit?<p>[ September 09, 2003: Message edited by: johnnyb ]
<hr></blockquote><p>it may be possible, but you would need the control module, the problem is making the system fint into the confines of the mx-3 headlamp assembly.<p>I will be using the head lights off of a Z-4, they are small enough to fit into the MX-3 assemblies and they dont have the auto level.<p>most of the early xenon 93-99 dont have auto level so its not a really big deal.<p>+ like I said the Z4 dont have it.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
Taras

Post by Taras »

JonnyB, <p>Most levelling headlights in modern cars are just load level. What that mens that if you have a few people in the back, they will adjust. They will NOT adjust to road imperfections. Not until the systems like SAAB's active levelling system came out this year.<p>I do not think it is a matter of fitting into your headlight all of the items for them to be self levelling. The only on-headlight part are the motors. You need an ECU, wiring and axle sensors. Then you will need to come up with how it will adjust your headlight. I think you will be hitting your head on the wall soon if you try to design it. Personally, I have been working on my HID's for a year now. Trust me it is difficult enough. It will take long time to do properly. Good luck. PS: if I am not mistaken Lexus GS came with HID reflectors and not projector headlights.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Taras

Post by Taras »

To Back Alley:
Any decent Philips or Osram bulb in popular type like H4 or H7 should not cost more than $20.00 each. I bought a pair of my Philips VP's for US$20.00 a pair, even that I was told I overpaid. That was in europe. If I would be still running my stock 9004 headlights, I would go to WalMart and get Philips Extra Vision bulbs, it is the same as Philips Premium in Europe. However, you still would be placing them in inferior DOT optics, but you would see in the rain and snow better than with any blue coated bulb. See here on Blue Bulbs amd Myths: http://lighting.mbz.org/tech/bulbs/bulbs.html<p>Br careful with DRIVING lights. Sounds like for driving, but they are actually auxuliary hi-beams. So you would not want to use the in addition to your low beams. There are alot out there. Some Blazer one are not bad. Specifically 2600, but you can not get them anymore. Hella makes good ones, even with HID or H7 formats. Cibie is another source, but too big.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Taras

Post by Taras »

Anyone wnats to get technical and learn more about HID's?
http://lighting.mbz.org/tech/bulbs/Hid/HID.html
read both articles. <p>Daniel Stern is a very well known in auto lighting circled that even NHTSA consults sometimes.<p>Have fun.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Taras

Post by Taras »

Alright people, just thought to make this thread actually useful. I know Aiden will not post his pictures. You can blame the above posts on the full moon. <p>Aiden, to you man. Please relax. NO need to be so volatile. I know you feel strong about these issues. I still think that you should give people some proof...<p>So, here it goes. This is my work in progress. Aidens looks similar just with one Projector.<p>Image
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by The_Great_Tonge:
<p>Maybe its me but werent you the person talkin ish about jade's car, also talking ish about my HID's without providing information to help me or others. Your full of ish and never back anything up. "I chose to show my pictures at my own discretion" is the classic line of someone that when put to the task, cant produce the goods. Oh ya i don't have some craze glare, i just dont have bright lights anymore but who needs em :D You can post with our trying to put down others or showing us what kind of fool you are, just like i told somene else on this board, you can be the smartest guy in the world but being an @ss doesn't make up for it..<hr></blockquote><p>Since when have I EVER ripped on Jon's car?<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by johnnyb:
<p>One, you're the one who rips apart everyones projects everyone else wants to see what you have done before you rip anyone apart. So before you go calling everyone names maybe you should back up your statements with proof. You make yourself look like an *** with every post you make. show some pics of it finished or unfinished and maybe you'd be suprised at peoples reactions. Im just tired of seeing you post on the topic of HIDs and when asked to show what you have done refuse to post.<p>on a side note I too have an HID project pending the arrival of all my parts and having time to put it together. I'm using the projectors from a Lexus GS330 I think it is for this. I got the headlights for free because my step-brother works in a bodyshop and they were being replaced on a car cause the guy bought new ones after his accident. I'm trying to figure out if I can use the BMW self levelling system so that it doesnt glare in everyones eyes like a stationary system would when you go over the peak of a hill. Anyone know if it would work or would I need the ECU to control the lights? Also would it fit?<p>[ September 09, 2003: Message edited by: johnnyb ]<hr></blockquote><p>You're very wrong.<p>I don't rip apart everyone's work. I add my comments, and sometimes they are hurtful to others, but who the **** cares. It's the internet.....expect DIFFERING opinions!<p>If you're going to use REAL HID optics, then I commend you. There's two REALLY awesome forums you should join and converse in to learn more.<p>There's one guy there experimenting with the self-leveling system on another car too.<p>The forums are:<p>Automotive Lighting Forum<p>HID Forum (but I has forums for Halogen too)<p>So, there.<p>~A
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>POST removed because someone doesnt know how to read the rules.<p>[ September 10, 2003: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]<hr></blockquote><p>Singled out ONCE again!<p>Go **** yourself.<p>~A
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

Ok people, here.....<p>This is my headlight.<p>Image<p>As you can see, my lenses are too old to be sanded for good use so I am making new lenses out of persepex which will be crystal clear and wont scratch bad like lexan, as well as have good UV protection.<p>So once again, GO **** YOURSELFS!<p>~A
Johns93GS

Post by Johns93GS »

i cant do what you are asking me to do. It is physically impossible<p>EDIT - i like your headlight(s) - It should look pretty good with the new lense, since lexan scratches too easy and the oem is crap. Something with only having one projector is bugging me, but at the same time, I like it<p>[ September 10, 2003: Message edited by: Johns93GS ]</p>
john kilfoyle .:. mx-3 fanatic
http://www.cardomain.com/id/johnmx3

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”