HID Kits

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
millionflame

HID Kits

Post by millionflame »

Hey this is for all you losers who seem to think that those drop-in HID "kits" are actually of any good.<p>Image<p>OEM projectors will always rule!<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
don walker

Re: HID Kits

Post by don walker »

Don't doubt it if there is a run on LUcky Charms today!
pull hard,come easy. Second gear is hard at 7300
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

i love my HID's. I love my osram xenarc bulbs. i love my toyota ballast. i love my hids!!
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by The_Great_Tonge:
I love my osram xenarc bulbs.<hr></blockquote><p>Whoo hoo, lots of useless light!!!<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by The_Great_Tonge:
i love my toyota ballast. i love my hids!!<hr></blockquote><p>Toyota ballast? Uh, they have never made a ballast and never will in the future. They get other companies to make them. Try looking for a Hella, Bosch, or Ausweld name there.<p>Have fun with your glare lights.<p>~A
Soulflare

Post by Soulflare »

It really depends on your personally point of view ...we cannot object to ppl getting them... yes it is true that projectors with properly lighting will always be the best ideal choice..but then alot is needed...HID on the other hand is less costly and very easy to install.... true its lighting isnt good but then its always better then our OEM lighting in "city" driving.
Soulflare
Pearl MX-3 GSR (SOLD)
Mystic RX-8 GT
Johns93GS

Post by Johns93GS »

Yeah so Aiden i'm gonna be like every other person on the board who asked and got no answer. Where are the pics of your HID's?
john kilfoyle .:. mx-3 fanatic
http://www.cardomain.com/id/johnmx3
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

there are no pics.......
there is no HID system on his car......
the fact is he can't find any hella projectors that are on the right angle to some pics of his car to photoshop them on
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

Image<p>later,
dee
A happy MX'er with HID's
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
back alley

Post by back alley »

serious question...what do you guys recommend to see better at nite?
my stock headlites are just crap and too dim for any real city use.
what do you suggest??<p>thanks
Taras

Post by Taras »

To The Great Tongue: You Probably have Panasonic/Matsu****a Ballast right?
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Taras

Post by Taras »

I probably should stay away from this topic, but thanks Aiden. Btw, Aiden, there is nothing wrong with Osram Xenarc bulbs in proper optics, like OEM. A lot factory cars come with Osrams. They are even whiter than Philips and do not colour shift to as much purple.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Taras

Post by Taras »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> It really depends on your personally point of view ...we cannot object to ppl getting them... yes it is true that projectors with properly lighting will always be the best ideal choice..but then alot is needed...HID on the other hand is less costly and very easy to install.... true its lighting isnt good but then its always better then our OEM lighting in "city" driving. <hr></blockquote><p>The only objection I have with HID kits in our lights is that they are glare monsters. Kits do work in some headlights, its true, but they are mainly E-code. Read here on glare issues: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/rulings/glare.html
Since August 15th NHTSA has asked major manufacturers and retailers of HID kits to prove their compliance with FMVSS108 rule.<p>Most of them do not sell kits now. Here is a good example of one: http://www.suvlights.com/ (look at site updates).
Here is another good one: http://www.liteswap.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc? (look below the road picture - to our valued customers)
Not sure what the final say would be, but my guess is that there will be no kits sold anymore. That is in US. I am sure Canada to follow soon with CMVSS108. <p>So before, you use to get tickets for blue bulbs, now for glare. The part that I really dislike is that because of illegal kits, people that actually do research and get proper lights will also be lumped in non-OEM category and be banned from seeing better. And I do think that HID kits in our headlights are a danger to others on the road.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Taras

Post by Taras »

To Back Alley:
If that would be me, I would get European Mx-3 headlights, run them thorugh relayed harness and use some good quality bulbs like Philips, Osram or Hella. <p>When I was in Europe, I did check out some headlights, but they were new. Came out to about 350USD. I think a good search may produce some used ones for cheaper. <p>I have Japanese Mx-3 Headlights with E-code Philips Vision Plus bulbs and they are a big difference from old ones, even if they are for the wrong side of the road.<p>Good Luck.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JDM:
I probably should stay away from this topic, but thanks Aiden. Btw, Aiden, there is nothing wrong with Osram Xenarc bulbs in proper optics, like OEM. A lot factory cars come with Osrams. They are even whiter than Philips and do not colour shift to as much purple.<hr></blockquote><p>Yeah, I know that Taras, and you are correct.<p>However, the colour temperature he has is not white in the slightest bit.<p>I'd put my 4100K OEM bulbs up against his any day.<p>~A
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

POST removed because someone doesnt know how to read the rules.<p>[ September 10, 2003: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</p>

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”