y should i buy this car?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
angelbabi

y should i buy this car?

Post by angelbabi »

Hey...im buyin a car n hav narrowed it down 2 a honda integra or a mazda mx3 (eunos 30x here in australia)...both im lookin around 1996...but 4 some reason d eunos iznt that popular here? anyway i juz wanted ppls opinions, althou im guessin most will lean 2wards d eunos =)<p>but yeah, ive heard d eunos tends 2 hav mechanical problems? n i waz wonderin y ther was only 1 series of the eunos?? i mean, if it was a good car how come they stopped making it? does that mean parts r hard 2 come buy? if any1 haz some insight, lemme kno..thanks alot!
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Re: y should i buy this car?

Post by johnnyb »

the reason the honda is more popular is due to 1 reason: more aftermarket parts.<p>what are you looking at for a car? just a daily driver or do you want performance? theres tons of questions that can be asked. you can buy the integra and enhance the car for less money but your car will look like everyone elses if you get the eunos you'll be paying more to do anything to it but your car will be more original. Theres lots of pros and cons of both cars.<p>if i were you i'd take both cars out for a drive and decide which you like better. I've had no problems with my car since i bought it.<p>[ August 31, 2003: Message edited by: johnnyb ]</p>
xXx_OTEP_xXx

Post by xXx_OTEP_xXx »

i've never had problems with mine either, i dont know why you'd say there are mechanical problems..
Sold my 95 RS "Little Peanut" but she will never be forgotten. :(
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mx-k:
Didnt they stop making integras too? :shrug: <hr></blockquote><p>I believe they are still badged Honda Integras in most of the world actually. Only changed to RSX in the US because they are part of Acura, which is a North America only badging, and they wanted to go all letter nomenclature.<p>As for buying a MX3 over an Integra??? Are you planning on upgrading the car's performance? If not, the MX3 is one of the funnest car's I've ever driven. An Integra's nice, too, but not as visceral IMO.
pipes

Post by pipes »

Hello, I am a Auzzie Eunos owner.. see my site..
Firstly the maintenance on a honda is damn expensive here as well, especially if you go genuine.. There are alot of aftermarket parts available, but generally there are more for the prelude.. they get some very nice kits for not much $$.
It all depends on what you want, and where you live.. I am the only person in my city that owns a Eunos, If you buy a Eunos 30-x I can garauntee that 9 out of 10 people have never heard of it.. If you like to have a certain amount of uniqueness about your car (not a hyundai, commodore or falcon) then the Eunos is a great buy.) and it also hold value for this reason as well.
The cost of insurance is the same as the intergra I think as they are both rated as 2 door sports coupe.
If you read through some of these posting you can replace your engine.. many ozzies have already .. with a 2.5L 200Hp motor.. This will set you back around $2500AUD + install $1000 approx..
This will then be a very fast car.. I am doing this at x-mas.
To get thhis performance upgrade out of a honda will cost big $$$..
Have a look at www.pakfeifer.com website at what you can do to your eunos.. that is where I got my body kit..
The support you get on this page is awesome...
IN Short If you have a certain amount of unique style and can be bothered explaining what a eunos is to every second person.. BUY it!!
Hope this helps.. Will be happy to answer any other Q's u have :p
angelbabi

Post by angelbabi »

Yeah, i really like the look of d eunos - but no1 seems 2 share my enthusiasm, a friend had 1 that waz constantly havin probs (althou it could hav been a dud wen she bought it) n ther seems 2 b more bad reviews (at carsurvey.org etc) than good...owners juz seem 2 list n list all d things theyve had 2 replace...<p>i mean i kno this iz a website 4 mx owners so ur unlikely 2 trash d car, but i heard it tends 2 break down? any1 hav mechanical probs wen they havnt modified it? <p>n althou theyre uncommon so its more original, it makes me wonder y ppl arent buyin em. im not concerned 2 much wit parts - my last car waz a civic n honda parts were pretty xpensive, but i heard d eunos iz a real petrol guzzler?? yet no of this haS turned me off!
Johns93GS

Post by Johns93GS »

i dont mean to sound like a jerk but if you have heard bad things about the car why do you want it?<p>Personally I love mine, and people here aren't gonna sit around and try to sell you on the MX-3 i<p>If you don't want it, then someone else who will love it will buy it.
john kilfoyle .:. mx-3 fanatic
http://www.cardomain.com/id/johnmx3
pipes

Post by pipes »

I am not sure where you live in OZ, but the reason ppl aren't buying them is that they are really rare..
I have had mine for 16 months now.. It is a 94 model, cosmetically it has been modified but I have not touched under the hood. I bought it with $85000km on it for $19K- (I think I paid to much because u can get em cheaper in big cities) I have driven 70000km in just over a year- that is alot on any car and th only thing I have replaced is my master and slave cylinder and my tires (+ reg. services) The thing to remember when buying a second hand car is that more often then not there is a reason they are selling.. you could be buying someone elses problems.. It is just a risk you take.. Maybe I got lucky.. Maybe your friend was unlucky!! Obviously I am not entirely happy with my car, if I was I wouldn't be modifying it.. However I would be modifying an integra alot more to make it my own!
Good luck with your decision.. remember.. It does not matter what car you buy.. it is gonna suck your wallet dry..
Ps. The Eunos are not heavy on fuel.. I drive from Brisbane to Townsville- approx 1300km for $80
quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

If I had a choice to go back, I would have bought an Acura Integra. Why? Virtually everything for the mx-3 is such a hassle to get.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

acura integras are lame. <p>great cars, but everyone has one, everyone mods them, whats so fun about that?<p>I like having a car that is super rare. People still don't know what the hell I drive when they glance at it. Some people even think its some sort of special imported car. I guess I should remove the "mazda" and "Mx3" badges so no one will figure it out ;)
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”