Clutch :(

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
solo_ryder

Re: Clutch :(

Post by solo_ryder »

Sweet ok, how much is a bradied steel line?
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Like $12 or so.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Awesome, i'll get that as well, I started my car today and it sounds like its metal to metal, does this mean that raw material is scraping up against my flywheel? if so should i get it resurfaced?
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Always resurface your flywheel when putting in a new clutch
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

K awesome looks like i am all set, one more question, if i did a 2.5l KLDE swap in the near future would this clutch flywheel combo hold up?
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Yes, since the clutch is from a KLDE.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

dont even bother buying a clutch alignment tool... Its 30$ you dont need to spend. Align it by eye and if the tranny goes on, you got it. If not, try aligning it again. Ive done two ZE swaps and both times I got it on and aligned first shot by eye.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Yea but the clutch i am ordering comes with the pressure plate and the throwout bearing and i am pretty sure it comes with the alignment tool, so we'll see, BTW the clutch/tranny is ont he drivers side right
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Well i got my PGT clutch in today along with the throwout bearing and presure plate, all thats left to do is rebolt up the tranny and the CV's plus all the wiring and intake etc. Looks like everything gonna be ok, I couldnt resurface the flywheel though because I couldnt get the blots undone there were torqued on there, but the flywheel looked really good, no hot spots or grooves so i'll keep ya'll posted.
andy

Post by andy »

Just a freindly reminder, without resurfacing the flywheel you will more than likely get a studder when engaging the clutch. It is a risk your taking that I've learned the hard way not to take.
After all that work I'll hope you get lucky.
Andy P. 93 GS
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

hey, I just finished putting the clutch in and getting an alingment, the reason I had a shudder before was because of a combination of the pressure plate and the throwout bearing, the throwout earing is what made my clutch stop working in the first place cause it blew, I didnt resurface th flywheel because i was really smooth, plus we could get it off, and now the clutch feels good, light pedal and no shuddering, only one problem now, my cv axle is causing vibration on the drivers side upon acceleration, and cornering, we assume its not in proporly.
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

Man that is definatly a chance I wouldn't have taken. But sounds like you might have gotten lucky. After all that work to take the tranny off. That one thing that is worth the $25.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

when you dont resurface flywheels...even the minimal difference between the new clutch an the flywheel will cause your clutch to wear out faster..thats why they got that "break in" period...so that the clutch can sit properly eith the flywheel..in your place...um even if its even..theres no way that the flywheel is going to be the same as the clutch. Premature wear here it comes. WEll of course that all depends on how yopu drive and how long ago the flywhee was resurfaced..but since your ****ch was bad im assumoing it was heating up the flywheel pretty bad. i think its worth the 25 dlls to resurfaec it. over here it costs me around 10 :)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hmm thats interesting.. i must have misspelled clutch and the server thought it was that female part...cli... bleh that ..my bad :) wow im the master at typos.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

yes i agree i could of resurfaced it for 15$, the problem was we couldnt get the dam thing off. and no the flywheel was no being abused, there was no hot spots on it at all, it was resurfaced witht the last clutch install, But w/e the clutch is in now and it feels smooth. thx for everyones help!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”