no start

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
goldsberry1

no start

Post by goldsberry1 »

now that i'm completely done with the whole turbo set up. it wont start at all. it acts like the bettery is dead but its not. i just had it charged. i tried jumping it off my truck and that didnt help. i tried push starting it, and nothing. the only thing i can think of is that the starter is going out. but it tries to turn it over some. its not seized (brand new everything inside the motor). i have no idea what to do now. is there anything you all can suggest to get it started? this has me so angry!
92' mx-3 gsr, built engine, forged internals, p/p ze heads. t3/t4e .63/.60 turbo, udp, msd ignition, millenia s injectors, millenia im, water cooled intercooler, afpr, fmu. running at 7 psi right now
lakersfan1

Re: no start

Post by lakersfan1 »

First thing I always check is all the grounds. If something's not grounded properly, it won't start right.
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

ok this is what i found after a little more work. i pulled the plugs out and tried to turn it over by hand and i could barely turn it over with a 1/2" rachet. i had to use my foot to push it around. then all that force broke the socket. what can it be? i need help here
92' mx-3 gsr, built engine, forged internals, p/p ze heads. t3/t4e .63/.60 turbo, udp, msd ignition, millenia s injectors, millenia im, water cooled intercooler, afpr, fmu. running at 7 psi right now
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Since no-one else has answered, I'll offer a guess.

It is known for a piston to partially seize against the cylinder wall, due to local overheating. I've heard of it happening to turbo'd engines with fuel of too low a grade. Since you mentioned turbo, it's a possibility. If you think it worth investigating, you will have to remove the cylinder heads and examine the bores.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

Hmmm.. when you tried to push start it did the engine rotate like normal?

Has this motor ever run in your car?
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

well this engine is brand new, basicly. new pistons, rods, and its on a new bore. so it hasnt ran at all since the bore. when i turned it over i heard a light scratching noise from around the rods somewhere. i really hope i dont have to pull the engine again. since i put the turbo on i had not tried to start it until everything was done. then this happens. any ideas? i was hopeing to have it running by tommorrow. so help as much as you all can. please
oh and i did try to push start it and it didnt rotate much if at all. i can barely turn it by hand. i broke a 13/16" socket turning it over. so somethings very tight. i got the oil pan and splash plate off. i loosened the rods and then turned it over with a socket and it did turn over a little easier. but in one spot in the rotation it get very tight and i have to use my foot to push it around. so what can i do?

<small>[ November 27, 2004, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: goldy1 ]</small>
rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

Sorry to hear that man. Hang in there. Ask whoever built that engine what the F the deal is.

So you have never had that engine running? Not even n/a?

<small>[ November 28, 2004, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: rebel2k4 ]</small>
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

right now i'm so mad at that car, i'm about ready to scrap the whole project. it have fought me the entire way. nothing ever cooperates. and i've about had it.
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

i've pulled the rods caps off. there was sand all through them. so i'm screwed here. i am seriosly thinking of selling that stupid car. its just one problem after another. if i could get it to run i would sell it in a heartbeat.

<small>[ November 28, 2004, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: goldy1 ]</small>
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

I think if you get it up and running you should keep it not sell it. At least that way you will be able to take advantage of all your hard work and patience with it. Besides, you will probably lose a lot on it by selling it. Good luck with it all.
rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

Looks like the engine builder to blame. That's f'ed but reminds me of why i bought a junkyard $250 KLDE. It runs damn well and hold up to a lot of abuse. Im gonna run 15 psi on it too. Something to consider I guess?
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

one day soon i might get some more time and money to work on it. well if i can ever get this engine working it might be woth it. its all forged, p/p heads. its got alot done to it. it might be fast if i ever get a break.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”