Fuel upgrades needed for KL swap?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
lakersfan1

Fuel upgrades needed for KL swap?

Post by lakersfan1 »

Wondering if the K8 fuel pump and stock FPR do fine on KL swap or not. If not, which should be changed first? Change stock FPR to AFPR, or upgraded pump? I'm hoping the stock pump is OK, because I don't want a noisy pump since it will also be a stereo car. Otherwise, will stock MX6 pumps fit, and would that even be a significant enough upgrade?
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: Fuel upgrades needed for KL swap?

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Originally posted by lakersfan1:
Wondering if the K8 fuel pump and stock FPR do fine on KL swap or not. If not, which should be changed first? Change stock FPR to AFPR, or upgraded pump? I'm hoping the stock pump is OK, because I don't want a noisy pump since it will also be a stereo car. Otherwise, will stock MX6 pumps fit, and would that even be a significant enough upgrade?
every stock components fuel wise of the k8 will be enough..I ran rich for 2 years with my ze running stock pump, fpr, kl injectors and ze ecu..
mx-6 pump should work with little modification if they are like the walbro one..I got a probe walbro 255hp in my car right now and wasn't hard to install at all (should be the same with the mx-6 pump)..you'll know what I mean when you'll get there...removing the 8 bolts holding the fuel pump in the fuel pump was a pain..half of them was stripped :(
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

So the only reason to upgrade would be going to forced induction or wet nitrous?
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

I would suggest getting a AFPR. I was running rich with stock k8 fuel pump w/kl 36 ecu.
Just my 2 cents. :shrug:
65 shot > V8

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”