Speedometer problem

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Franko
Supporting Member

Speedometer problem

Post by Franko »

My speedo has a little bit of an issue... when I am just driving along the needle likes to jump... it shakes like crazy and the other day I was on the highway and when I put on the brakes and slowed down to get off the needle went completely to zero and then came right back up so I tried to make it happen again and when I slowed down qwickly it did the same thing.... What in the name of god could this be.. it is really annoying the crap out of me...
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
TsiMiata

Re: Speedometer problem

Post by TsiMiata »

Speedo cable coming out of the transmission?
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

or out of the back of the cluster, also sounds like it need lubed
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

sounds like cable is unscrewing from tranny also, i mean if the car shakes and that causes the needle to go down to 0, it sounds like the shaking near the cable could be causing that.<p>if you want to check, jack up the car on the front driver side. you can see the cable if you look behind the wheel's fender well. or for a better view, you can get remove your battery, intake tube, and you can see it there too but its hard to reach. the best way is to get under the car, feel for a cable on the top part of the transmission near the brake fluid reservoir, and then see if its loose.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”