Took the KLZE to the track last night

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Johnjj728

Took the KLZE to the track last night

Post by Johnjj728 »

Well last night i went up to New England Dragway to race my 93GS with a KLZE. Its got prm intake, full 2.5 inch exhaust, ngk plugs and wires, fuel pressure regulator, suspension techniques springs. It was my first time at the track and im satisfied with my times. My first run was a 15.1 at 95mph with a 2.8 60ft(OUCH). The next run was a 15.0 at 95 with 2.7 60ft. The track was cold and i had too much tire pressure so i had tons of wheelspin which is why my 60fts were so bad. On the first run i raced a 1970's chevy pickup with a 350 i think, it was a nice truck but he ran a 16.6 so i smoked him. The second run was a little more exciting, i raced a 1970 camaro with a 406cu big block, he ran an 11.8 and blew my doors off. Oh well im satisfied and cant wait til spring when my cars done and i get to go up again.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: Took the KLZE to the track last night

Post by babyblueMX3 »

not bad for a first time...next time I'm sure you'll hit the mid 14's :2thumbsup:
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
CrazieMX3

Post by CrazieMX3 »

looks like you need to work on your 60fts...try lowering your tire pressure...or better yet get some Drag Radials (like BFGOODRICH G-FORCE).
-'97 Championshipwhite Civic Coupe (SOLD)
-'93 Red GS V6 CLEAN TITLE! (SOLD)
-'95 Silver Civic Hatchback (NEW BABE)
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

I found keeping the hood open between runs helps a lot. Everything under the hood gets majorly heat soaked sitting in the lanes.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
Johnjj728

Post by Johnjj728 »

Yup, 60ft times were bad, I know. That was the last time the track was open this year so i just wanted to get a few runs. Next spring will be another story. Im hoping for 14 flat all day long next year with good tires short shifter, shift bushings, and other misc stuff. How does everyone launch? I launced at about 2500-3000 and feathered the clutch out. It seemed every time i let off the clutch and hit it the tires just spun. On both runs i let out a nice spin at each shift into 2nd. There is absolutely nothing that can compare to being on that track and being able to open it all the way up without fear of cops and turns.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”