typical 15 min. job taking 2 hours...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ZEmadman

typical 15 min. job taking 2 hours...

Post by ZEmadman »

so im doing a basic tune up, changed the rotor, wires, plugs...i do the wires and plugs one at a time in this order 6,4,2,1,3,...5

oh wonderfull 5.

well, i pull the wire boot out and the rubber end gets STUCK down inside around the spark plug. what should i do? i've tried a lot of different things but short of finding a really long pair of needle nose plyers i cant get that last rubber boot (as well as the spark plug) out. anyone have this problem w/these boots? i may try crazy clue on the end of it and try to get it to seal to the part thats breaking away but im not sure if it'll work. and short of using a fishing hook/line im out of ideas...HELP :crying:
goldsberry1

Re: typical 15 min. job taking 2 hours...

Post by goldsberry1 »

try to use a wire hanger with a slight bend on the end to get it out. mine did this when i first got the car. be sure to either leave those rubber things out next time.
92' mx-3 gsr, built engine, forged internals, p/p ze heads. t3/t4e .63/.60 turbo, udp, msd ignition, millenia s injectors, millenia im, water cooled intercooler, afpr, fmu. running at 7 psi right now
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

That's what happens when you use crap wires.

I used this lil grabber tool I have that has 4 metal arms that pop out when you push on the lever at the end. You can buy them at most tools stores for like $5, they are pretty handy for picking up stuff when you drop them in the bay.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Originally posted by goldy1:
.. be sure to either leave those rubber things out next time.
or?
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
SamS

Post by SamS »

Try using the blade off of a hacksaw. If you can fit it in there, the teeth should do the rest. This worked one of my motorcycles.
1996 Mazda Miata, Turbo'd
2003 Ducati Monster 620ie
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Using a coat hanger with a tiny hook has always worked for me.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hehe this always happens to me. I made a little special hook for this. Using a wire hanger..make the wire straight and at the end make it into a small L shape. Then you can use a screw driver or another hanger (make sure opther hanger is in shape ofa U at the end ..very small. The just stick it in..get the edne pull it to the top with the l shaped hanger wire..then with the other wire or a screw driver sticl it in the middle hole and pull it out. Its simple once you get the hang of it. Don use crap wires next time. Your only screwed if something is to fall inside the combustion chamber..lets say small washer or something, the boot end is remobable.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”