How to adjust TPS on ZE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MX3ze@7psi

How to adjust TPS on ZE

Post by MX3ze@7psi »

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the TPS on a ZE cause a macanic told me that the reason why the motor is running slow is because maybe the TPS is not adjusted right. Cause I never adjusted it when I put my ZE in. Help Please!!!!
MX3 KL-DE, probe/mx6 ebay turbo pipes, T3/T4 50 trim @ 8psi, millenia injectors, SAFC2, intercooled,Greddy RS BOV, turbonetic 38mm external wastegate. Wisco 9.5 forged piston, millenia S rods, and high performance rings coiming in soon. Shooting for 400whp this summer.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: How to adjust TPS on ZE

Post by babyblueMX3 »

follow the tps procedure in the faq..It should do the job..if not adjust your tps to 0.75V (sencond wire from top, turn the tps, you should see the voltage change)..then when the tps is set..play with the iac screw (the one on top of the TB) and you can play with the idle
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by babyblueMX3:
follow the tps procedure in the faq..It should do the job..if not adjust your tps to 0.75V (sencond wire from top, turn the tps, you should see the voltage change)..then when the tps is set..play with the iac screw (the one on top of the TB) and you can play with the idle
That's not the way to do it. :eek:

The easy way to do it is put it in diagnostics mode and twist the TPS until the fan goes on. Then, back it off a HAIR past the point where the fan turns back off. Then tighten, and take out of diagnostics.

The "proper" way involves feeler guages and a multimeter. I've found that the fan method turns out the same exact results within .01 volts.

These two ways are the only way to ensure a stable idle speed. Your ECU will adjust to the idle and WOT voltages as long as idle us under 1.0 volt, and WOT is over 3.5 volts.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

yup..same method in the faq like I posted..that's the one I used too..

but if you check a 7 page long post on probetalk, jeff jeske also said that you can set it up with the voltage :shrug:
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
MX3ze@7psi

Post by MX3ze@7psi »

Hey thanks guys its running better now that I adjusted it. :)
MX3 KL-DE, probe/mx6 ebay turbo pipes, T3/T4 50 trim @ 8psi, millenia injectors, SAFC2, intercooled,Greddy RS BOV, turbonetic 38mm external wastegate. Wisco 9.5 forged piston, millenia S rods, and high performance rings coiming in soon. Shooting for 400whp this summer.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

good to hear that
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by babyblueMX3:
yup..same method in the faq like I posted..that's the one I used too..

but if you check a 7 page long post on probetalk, jeff jeske also said that you can set it up with the voltage :shrug:
I think Jeff is much more concerned with track times. If you want idle to work, you should be more concerned with the continuity test rather than the voltage.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”