bad exhaust smell since cat-back installed

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
justintoxicated

bad exhaust smell since cat-back installed

Post by justintoxicated »

about a month ago i installed the pacesetter cat back system on my 92 gs, and ever since then when i drive it for a bit it starts to smell like rotten eggs inside/outside the car. also i had to install a new cat when i installed the cat back because the old one was welded and wouldnt fit the flange of the cat back pipe...anyone know why this is happening? do you think it may stop...my friend said that the cat might have been bad or something...any ideas would be apreciated. thanks.
Got Rice? You do!
IanL
Supporting Member

Re: bad exhaust smell since cat-back installed

Post by IanL »

If you can smell it inside the car, it means exhaust gases are entering the cabin; it is highly likely there is a leak in the system downstream of the cat, or in the cat.

You should get it fixed asap - you could pass out at the wheel.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
justintoxicated

Re: bad exhaust smell since cat-back installed

Post by justintoxicated »

i dont hear any leak in the exhaust...and i had a friend of mine install it who is a mechanic, but we are gonna check it out this weekend and see what the deal is...he thinks that the cat might be like burning up causing the bad smell...i dunno thanks for the help.
Got Rice? You do!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”