Which throttle body/injectors to use??? (modifed KLZE)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ChrisG3

Which throttle body/injectors to use??? (modifed KLZE)

Post by ChrisG3 »

As some may remember, I have a straight necked KLZE. I found a 2.5 Probe core motor that was complete. I pulled the Probe intake and am planning on putting it onto the KLZE motor. The problem is, which throttle body to use? KLZE (which I am leaning towards), KLDE (second choice) or KL08 (last choice)?

Also, is there any difference in injectors between KL08/KLDE/KLZE?? Let me know and thanks!

Chris

P.S. KL08 ECU and KLDE VAF are the other two main compenents.
P.S. I am still searching the board. If I find an answer, I will remove the post!!

<small>[ September 28, 2004, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: ChrisG3 ]</small>
Talon_66

Re: Which throttle body/injectors to use??? (modifed KLZE)

Post by Talon_66 »

KLZE or KLDE. KL08 will only hurt performance.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
ChrisG3

Post by ChrisG3 »

That's what I figured. Not to mention, the KL08 doesn't seem to want to clear the intake without some mods (linkage hits the intake). I THINK I can still use the KL08 spacer and clear the master cylinder/resevoir (sp).

Time for some replumbing....

Chris
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

You got it.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

If using a KLDE intake, use the KLDE TB. ZE IM with ZE TB. The DE intake has a large vacuum port for the DE TB's IAC top connect to. The ZE IM has no vacuum port for an IAC, and the ZE TB doesn't need IAC vacuum....it has no hook up for it either.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Originally posted by ChrisG3:

Also, is there any difference in injectors between KL08/KLDE/KLZE?? Let me know and thanks!
k8 = 180cc
klze and de = 220cc
kj = 280cc
kj 98+ = 320cc (almost sure about that one)
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
MrMX3

Post by MrMX3 »

You realize by putting the DE manifold on your losing power as well..... not as much as putting the k8's on but still.... why do you think all the probe guy's put the ZE manifold on as a mod? Your better off finding the MS8 manifold instead. IMO anyways.
Mike
1993 MX-3 GS
2.5l KL-ZE
My Cardomain Page
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

but if thats all he can find or afford, let him be :p
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChrisG3:
[QB] As some may remember, I have a straight necked KLZE.

You could easily sell that IM on probetalk and make enough money to get yourself a nice millenia mani. Just a thought...
ZEmadman

Post by ZEmadman »

but like someone said already, arent you taking a step DOWN in power by getting rid of the straight neck ze manifold...even to get the ms8 one?
MrMX3

Post by MrMX3 »

as far as I've read, the straight necked and the ms8 both have the same flow characteristics with different VRIS points. The power difference between the 2 is the cams, but if he got the straight necked motor he's got the kl31 cams already. But they both have the square runners which are larger than the DE's and have more flow.

As somebody mentioned, the manifold you've got now will easilly sell on probetalk and make the amount needed to get the ms8 manifold. Hell, you may even be able to find a straight trade. It'd be worth a shot at least, and if not the settle for the de manifold.
Mike
1993 MX-3 GS
2.5l KL-ZE
My Cardomain Page
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

I've also read that the curved neck ze manifold actually makes a little bit more power then the straight neck. Don't know what to believe anymore...
ChrisG3

Post by ChrisG3 »

I kinda figured the Millenia IM or having the straight neck cut/turned/rewelded or relocating the brake master cylinder/whatever would be the way to go. Which, either way, I will most likely end up with one or the other...eventually. But, for now, I am just trying to get it to run and as cheaply as I can (many, many projects, etc.). I basically got the entire Probe motor for free and it was complete short of a shot oil pan.

Of course, right now, this the least of my concerns. The main issue right now is the motor I bought has three dead holes (two @ 50 PSI and one @ 75 PSI) and I am trying to get a different one. Who knows, the replacement might end up being a curved neck and all this knowledge (and massive amounts of parts) will be moot. OR, I will get my money back and scrap the whole project (which I will offer up here first...though I kinda figure it will most likely end up in the local junk yard).

Chris

P.S. Thanks for the info @ Probe Talk. I'll probably go over there and see what I can do as a trade as well....

<small>[ September 29, 2004, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: ChrisG3 ]</small>

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”