klze chipped ecu's

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mxmaz

klze chipped ecu's

Post by mxmaz »

Just a curiosity question, if you get one of them klze chips for your ecu, is it effective as the real thing?
bubbaflaat

Re: klze chipped ecu's

Post by bubbaflaat »

I have heard from people that they aren't. I was close to buying one. But I was told they aren't as good. So i've got the real deal on order.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
mmac
Supporting Member

Post by mmac »

If you mean replacing the EPROM in your K8 ECU with one programmed with a STANDARD KL36/KL31 bin file, then yes in my opinion(having tried it) it runs equally as well with a KL36 ECU or a K8 ECU with KL36 EPROM. There is no perceptable difference in performance,economy or driving characteristics.

If you mean a 'performance' chip then all I can say is tried Corksport and it ran terribly(bad MPG,High emissions,erratic idle,harsh/rough acceleration,deceleration), tried Superchips and it ran well,in terms of emissions,idling, mpg, driving characteristics it felt the same as standard KL36. I could not 'feel' any difference in performance between Superchips & standard KL36 EPROM, so I would question the value of paying extra for a Superchip over and above the cost of either a KL36 ECU or a STANDARD KL36 EPROM.

Just my two cents worth
1994 MX-3 ZE
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

one of my friend got a reprogram k8 ecu to ze specs and runs bad..I lend him my kl36 ecu to try it and worked like a charm..He has bad gas milleage and the kl36 was a lot pepier than his..

my $0.02
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”