Bump/clicking feeling

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Talon_66

Bump/clicking feeling

Post by Talon_66 »

This problem wasnt bad, but now its really starting to make me mad and frustrate me on my commute.

During my daily drive to and from work. I notice a clicking/bumping feeling through my gas pedal, so violent that it shakes my leg and makes it go numb. At about 108+km/h it starts shaking my car.

Under 108km/h its not noticeable. After it is.
Under acceleration its NOT noticeable, however under very light acceleration its noticeable again, but not as strong.

Does anyone know what this could be.

My toe/camber and front and rear alignment are all good. And my tires are all balanced properly.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Bump/clicking feeling

Post by mitmaks »

warped rotors
does it do that when turning? if so its your axles
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

rotors are fine.
It does happen when I turn on the highway too
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Sounds like CV joint(s) on their way out.
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Yeah I figured it was the CV joints. Thanks for confirming.

Anyone know what kinda $$$ im looking at to fix them

<small>[ August 13, 2004, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Talon_66 ]</small>
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

They are about 60 bucks for the lifetime warranty ones from AutoZone here in the states. They are super simple to replace if you can get the Fing axle nut off :D
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

I would love to replace it myself, unfortunately I moved to a small town and am about 700 miles away from home. I will have to find a local shop to do the repair. I just need to find the shop manual that says the length of time it should take to replace the CV joint so they dont try and rip me off.

Anyone have the part number for the CV joint or the whole driverside Axel.

<small>[ August 14, 2004, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: Talon_66 ]</small>
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

it took me about 2 1/2 hours to do both on my car. its not too complicated just had trouble with a couple of bolts. how is the clutch kit working with ths ze. where did you move to anyway.
1993 White gs klze.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”