ok....I NEED PERFORMANCE AXLES

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Rope04

ok....I NEED PERFORMANCE AXLES

Post by Rope04 »

Hey....I did some research on this site and came up short handed on my search for performance axles. Is there anyone who knows where to get them and what stages you may be able to get them in, Mine keeeeeeeep goin out and it pisses me off, it costs way too much to keep replacing them.....But any help would be great, I though about doing this a while back but I figured and I was wrong that the stock ones could hold under the stress and boost...Guess not....But any help well appreciated....thx
Ferrari Red w/silver Metallic 92' Mx-3 GsR: Blown 5 Built motors from my past project and am going to N/A for a while as I get use to Megasquirt for proper tuning then may boost....TT setups have too much lag and too low of a power output for the rpm range i sought....Single is better and may do that in future...New project is custom Alum Mani/ with 3-4" runners...NO ?'s about my previous setup I don't want anyone to waste as Much $$$$$$ as I did...listen to BabyBlue and the those guys and go with thier F/I setups
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: ok....I NEED PERFORMANCE AXLES

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I got mine stage one from a local shop that makes axles...cost was 400cad$ for both...the guy said to be garanteed for 350whp..if you want some maybe I can ask him to make another set

*edit* you can have the booth the colour you want too :) and for 500$ you can have them chrome :eek:

<small>[ July 21, 2004, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: babyblueMX3 ]</small>
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Rope04

Post by Rope04 »

thats a good price....I'll get back to you on that ...my car comes outta the shop in a couple days so Hopefully i can give you an answer by then ...But I 'll prolly be a couple weeks on the cash...the car broke me...lol and college.....thx Strac
Ferrari Red w/silver Metallic 92' Mx-3 GsR: Blown 5 Built motors from my past project and am going to N/A for a while as I get use to Megasquirt for proper tuning then may boost....TT setups have too much lag and too low of a power output for the rpm range i sought....Single is better and may do that in future...New project is custom Alum Mani/ with 3-4" runners...NO ?'s about my previous setup I don't want anyone to waste as Much $$$$$$ as I did...listen to BabyBlue and the those guys and go with thier F/I setups
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

you can try www.raxles.com

If you've been getting parts store replacements these will last MUCH longer.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

i dont remember the website,but the only perfomance axles i've found were like $700. and only up too 300hp for the mx-3. so $500 is a great deal. let me know about them too, i'm very very interested if their $500. thanks
92' mx-3 gsr, built engine, forged internals, p/p ze heads. t3/t4e .63/.60 turbo, udp, msd ignition, millenia s injectors, millenia im, water cooled intercooler, afpr, fmu. running at 7 psi right now
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

500 are the chrome ones..you can still get them for 400$..and I'm talking canadian dollar here :) ..I can get them anytime...the thing is if you snap one you'll have to send it to me then me to them and to you again....it can take some time if you have a problem with them
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Rope04

Post by Rope04 »

I will 99% mostlikely go with Strac's way...he is someone I can trust , just through what I've heard about him through this website...But Strac gimme around 3-4 weeks and I'll be ready for that HOPEFULLY...I'll Jus drive SLOWLY...I just love the MX and jus wanna prove to those ricers and mucsle car's what its real potential is
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Would love to see pics of your twin turbo's on your KL08, could really help out the newbies.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
Rope04

Post by Rope04 »

I'm doin the best I can right now I anna get my car posted on car domain and some on this site and a lil bio on how to stuff like that...I mostly got my info from here believe it or not...I just simply put 2+2 together and started the project...I will get it goin as soon as I can
ma24691

Post by ma24691 »

www.driveshaftshop.com has them for mx-3s.
Manny
Los Angeles
1992 MX-3 GS 2.5L V6
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

are you ready to pay 700usd$ for 2 axles :freak:
when you can have them for half the price
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Are you breaking the joints or the actual shafts? If your breaking joints I guarantee the raxles ones will hold up just fine. If your breaking shafts then you'll have to anty up the big $$.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I know this is no real test of stregnth, but I was pulling a motor for one of the guys in MOCA and was going to just cut the axle instead of trying to get the pain in butt axle nuts off. A sawzaw, lots of sweat, and 3 blades later the axle had a scratch that was less than the blisters on my hand. I can't imagine any MX-3 breaking the shaft. :welder: :bowdown:
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

you can have stock axles cryotreated and it will strengthin them, i talked to Sunbelt performance about it and they informed me it would hold up to about 100 hp more than they would stock
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

I think on probetalk/mx6.com they mentioned somewher that the 626 shafts are stronger? If its true or a direct replacement I dont know.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”