Do I have to hook up the vacuum hose to the intake accor

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
lakersfan1

Do I have to hook up the vacuum hose to the intake accor

Post by lakersfan1 »

I might need to use a generic flex hose to connect my VAF to my throttle body for a while. Do I need to connect that vacuum hose that goes into the stock one? I'm thinking if I do the hose from the rear valve cover to a vacuum somewhere on the intake manifold, and cap the front vacuum from intake manifold, I should be OK.....right? The front valve cover is already vented by the PCV valve, right?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Do I have to hook up the vacuum hose to the intake accor

Post by PATDIESEL »

Uh, what? you should have a hose that connects the front and rear valve covers together and they have a T in the middle that goes to the intake. All of the hoses are about 1/2 inch in diameter. All you have to do is place a breather in the T where it splits to go to the IM. There is another vacuum hose that connects to the stock air box (the box that the filter sat in) that you need to tap into the IM pre-VAF/MAF.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
lakersfan1

Re: Do I have to hook up the vacuum hose to the intake accor

Post by lakersfan1 »

That's what I'm talking about is the T. So I need to vent that then? Is that tube just to relieve air pressure then?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”