V6 axles

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mx-3 Guy

V6 axles

Post by Mx-3 Guy »

Well I broke a axle yesterday so I went and replaced it today with a axle for a non abs car but now the car is vibrating really bad when im driving. im thinking the axle is to long because it doesnt seem to have any room for play.
Can anyone tell me the difference in the axles year to year.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: V6 axles

Post by PATDIESEL »

There is a minimal difference in legnth, most places sell the same axle for both ATX and MTX. As for the differnce in ABS and non I don't think there is a difference except one has the ABS gear and the other not. You might be haveing a problem with the fact that the ABS one weighs more than the other and it throwing the tranny out of balance alittle. Or the vibration could be caused from faulty installation or manufacturer error. Check that you torqued everything down properly. If not that then take it to where you bought the axle and ask them. Or take it to a mechanic and explain your recent replacement and ask them to drive it. They will probably call you an F-it up yourselfer. (Do it yourselfer) lol, JK.. hope you find the problem.

<small>[ July 19, 2004, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: PATDIESEL ]</small>
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
BADMX3

Re: V6 axles

Post by BADMX3 »

i got the same problem on my nearside and i can only put it down to the axle.

it appears the axle i have on the nearside is way too short as there is loads of play! and on the other side there is very little. so i think the guy who had the car before me put one of a 323 on as apparantly according to garages all the parts just about are interchangable. or he fitted an offside one to the nearside.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”