Steering Wheel adjustment

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Holte999

Steering Wheel adjustment

Post by Holte999 »

Hi. I have just bought a 1996 Mazda MX-3 V6. My model does not appear to have the mechanism to adjust the steering column up and down. Is it possible for me to adjust the column as would like to raise it a little.
PS I am in England
Stewart
lakersfan1

Re: Steering Wheel adjustment

Post by lakersfan1 »

Are you sure? It would be odd for a top-of-the line V6 model to not have it after it being standard for all the preceeding years. I know it's a little tricky to find on the MX-3. It's not the typical lever on the side, it's a handle dead center on the underside of the steering column. You can't see it. It's just like the tilt adjustment on a Subaru SVX if you've ever been in one of those before.
krazysteve

Re: Steering Wheel adjustment

Post by krazysteve »

I have the same problem, mine is the 1.8 v6 on a 95, i have removed the plastic shroud around the column, there is a cut out in the shroud but no lever. Cannot see how it adjusts so i can lift it. Looks like a visit to scrapyard in the near future to try and get an idea. :confused2: My old ladys got an imprezza, i'll check to see if this is anything like. ( if she will let me near it ):?:

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”