this sucks

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jaknichols85

this sucks

Post by jaknichols85 »

ok, my last post i said that my engine might be screwed up. well i just confermed today that one of the cams was SNAPPED in half!! we didnt notice it before because when we looked at the cams they looked like they were ok. but today when we turned it the 2 back cams jumped and slammed back down. not a good sign, so we looked closer just to find that it was broken. so we are going to call totaljdm tomorrow and ask for our money back. and if they refuse we are going to get WA and IL attorney generals involved and our credit card companies involved and make them give our money back. so yeah this is totaly sucky. oh yeah, it turns out that everything they garaunteed me, was bull crap. other than the engine being shipped. but they garaunteed a running engine, nope, manual tranny, nope, clean engine, nope, and they said it would be shipped within 7 buisness days, nope. yep, dont do buisness with totaljdm.com. i'll post follow ups. thanks
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: this sucks

Post by babyblueMX3 »

cams snap in half!!! :freak:
first time i hear that one
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
TsiMiata

Re: this sucks

Post by TsiMiata »

I had a similar thing happen to my ZE. On mine I only cracked the end of the cam. These egnines sit for so long the cam journals have zero oil in them by the time you go to start it. The cam galls the aluminum and the cam seizes up. End result is something has to give.

For sure there is no way they "hot" tested that engine, well at least not after it left japan.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”