CKING ST

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jaknichols85

CKING ST

Post by jaknichols85 »

sorry for the language, but i got [Edited]!!!!! ok, so i got the engine and everything, totaljdm.com says they did a hot run test, leak down test, and a compression test. but when we got the engine the timing belt was off. hmmmmm, a little worry some, but nothing to jump up and down about. but then we put in the engine, and get everything hooked up. i go to start it and it turns over. but thats all it did. not only did it not start, there was a loud knocking sound in the engine while i tried to start it. we checked all the spark plugs all had a spart, gas was getting to through the engine, everything was filled up, the only thing we arent 100% sure on is the distributer. i posted on here before about what distributer to use, and was told that the k8 would work. so we put it on, and since the firing order is different we changed it to fit the engeine. can you guys clarify that for me? so yeah, im completly screwed right now, and im going to call totaljdm tomorrow and see wtf is up. and also, if it was a true jdm engine, would there be ANY hook ups or bolt holes to fit an egr? because mine does, except for the pipe that runs to the exhaust, that hole is covord... so if you could shed some light on that to, that would be great. thanks a lot.

<small>[ July 15, 2004, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</small>
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: CKING ST

Post by mitmaks »

take it easy buddy, you should've called jdm before you put engine in, when you discovered timing belt was off.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

when we timed mine we pulled the #1 piston to top dead center, made sure the cam gears were aligned perfectly, slaped the distributor on and the timing was dead on 1st try. they couldnt of done a hot test without the timing belt on, and i dont believe they would of cut the timing belt off for any reason, not unless it got damaged durring shipping.

Your best bet is to give them a call and be sible about it dont blow up at them, more than likely they will offer you another engine, If they dont well then you can go on to getting a bit hostile and remind them that they said it was tested, it apparently wasnt, and they sold you a messed up engine. if they still refuse to help you out, its simple, they commited fraud, and you can contact there local police department and do an investigation, once there contacted they will more than likely send you another engine to get the investigation called off.

Ive had to use this tactic a few times with ebay companies because of there false advertisement (except i went through paypal) and it works every time
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Originally posted by Mnemonic:
Your best bet is to give them a call and be sible about it
Sible?

WTF is SIBLE?? :freak:
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Your looking to get slapped arnt you Perry? :)
CIVIL i saw it when i read it but didnt care cause i was TIRED!
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

:2thumbsup:
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

The firing order is not different between the engines. Its the spark plug wire location on the distributor cap that is different. Go by the numbers on the K8 cap, not what the ZE cap was.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

Originally posted by TsiMiata:
The firing order is not different between the engines. Its the spark plug wire location on the distributor cap that is different. Go by the numbers on the K8 cap, not what the ZE cap was.
Ah isn't the order of the wires on the cap a 1:1 corrilation to the firing order?.. If the order of the wires on the two caps is different, wouldn't the firing order be different between the two?
{sigh} Time to move on
Out with the old: Tropical Emerald MX-3 GSR (KL-DE)
In with the new: Phantom Blue Mazda3s GT
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Originally posted by Tempus:
Ah isn't the order of the wires on the cap a 1:1 corrilation to the firing order?.. If the order of the wires on the two caps is different, wouldn't the firing order be different between the two?
I think I've seen a photo on this site showing that the conductors in the cap cross-over to mislead the uninitiated.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

Yeah ok that would explain it.. I guess I'm just too used to 'simple' distributor caps where the conductor goes straight down and it's easy to see the order... If it's 'rewired' inside the cap, that would make things far less simple than they would initially appear...
{sigh} Time to move on
Out with the old: Tropical Emerald MX-3 GSR (KL-DE)
In with the new: Phantom Blue Mazda3s GT
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

"i'm illiterate b/c i'm tired" :freak:
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”