Millenia EGR vacuum hose config

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mdavis

Millenia EGR vacuum hose config

Post by mdavis »

Does anybody know how to hook up the vacuum hoses on the Millinea EGR? I've got no idea. There are 3 unfilled nipples on the solonoids and 1 on the valve itself. There are pics at these links: (If they don't load copy/paste them into a new window.. sorry) Thanks

http://www.mkd.cc/egrvacuum1.jpg
http://www.mkd.cc/egrvacuum2.jpg
GS-R SE
Fixin's
pelado

Re: Millenia EGR vacuum hose config

Post by pelado »

Make sure those solenoids will work with your wiring harness (if you want to use them).

I would use the EGR solenoids on your MX-3. You did label everything when you took wires/hoses off didn't you?

<small>[ July 14, 2004, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: pelado ]</small>
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
pelado

Post by pelado »

The brass looking fitting goes to the air filter housing. The other fittings, one goes to the intake and the other connects to the EGR valve. I can't remember which does which (blue or red dot). However, the vacuum solenoid will not let air pass through it when disconnected and the vent solenoid will. The vent solenoid is connected to the EGR valve while the vacuum solenoid is connected to the intake. That should be enough info for you to nuke it out.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
pelado

Post by pelado »

I'm so ashamed, the vent solenoid is the one with the brass nipple.
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Took a real man with brass ones to admit that...
mdavis

Post by mdavis »

Hey thanks. Actually I looked at the MX-3 EGR and figured it out (duh lol) sorry about that. But ya, of coarse I labled it. But the motor's been in for some time so the EGR wiring was the only stuff not hooked up anyways.. But thanks again ;)
GS-R SE
Fixin's

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”