the BEST exhaust??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Sam Baker

the BEST exhaust??

Post by Sam Baker »

hi i know this has been asked a lot before, but after some searching i cant really find a solid solution... so the KLZE is in, but now i need exhaust. either 2.25 or 2.5, custom cat back to a muffler. found Apexi Dunk, Magnaflow, JUN, GReddy, Borla.. list goes on. i'm just curious what you guys think is the best muffler for quiet, deep sounding, nice looking muffler around.
thnx :driver:

<small>[ July 13, 2004, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: Sam Baker ]</small>
92 Autozam AZ3
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Re: the BEST exhaust??

Post by MX-3 Money »

I had a Magnaflow on mine awhile back, the sound is good, not to high and with a nice tone. I'd reccamend it. Awesome sound driving in tunnels, love doing that!!!!
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

I just got a generic universal with silencer. Keeps it quiet enough that that cops don't bother me.

Also I find that when I take the silencer out I lose some low-end power (that whole volume/velocity of exhaust thing) and it is louder. Typically I leave it in.

Be aware that there are no bolt-on kits for the MX-3, but any exhaust shop can do custom piping for you.
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

yea it will be a custom job for sure.. :welder: just needed some suggestions for a nice muffler to end it with. also i've hear magnaflow is really loud.. then again a lotta people say its good too so i duno.. anybody else? lookin for something that is as quiet as stock at idle, and at wot has an awesome tone
92 Autozam AZ3
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

Remus will give an excellent sound to the KL-ZE. Here's the Remus web site if you want to see it and hear some sound samples on other cars.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Flowmaster 40 series.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

Magnaflow to loud??? No way man, if theres was a 1-10 scale of how loud it is, i'd say a 6. But thats with the OEM exhaust piping and all. I drive by tons of cops and never once have they stoped me.
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
endocyc

Post by endocyc »

Im with Talon, the flowmaster 40 series was is an awsome sounding muffler. At idle its low. durring acceleration it lets you know its there and durring decceleration it gives you absolutly no back pressure popping noises. Only advise is hold on to that reciept The flow master comes with a life time warrenty and you will need it. (deppending on your location I suppose, Toronto gets alot of road salt)
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

that remus sounds nice! i like that kinda tone.. talon or endo, you guys have any sound/video clips of your flowmasters?
92 Autozam AZ3
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I gotta Flowmaster and it sounds like a metal piece of crap when I romp on it. Kinda like it has a metal piece that is vibrating too hard insied the can. I know a budy with a Remus and it is ok, but not loud ever. I'd go with Borla or Magnaflow to get a deep sound, but they will be heard at idle.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
valdigre

Post by valdigre »

I don't know if it is me but...I think that Mx-3 V6 (don't know how about Kl-ZE) has this strange characteristic that it is loudest near 2-3 thousand rpms... I had a good end muffler hoping it will be loudest at top end and silent at low rpms... The effect is that it is loudest till 3 k rpms and when it passes it it becomes more deep tone. I mean the acoustic effect in cabin, don't know how it "sounds" like from the pedastrian point of view :roll:
"For those 10 seconds or less, I am free"
kr

Post by kr »

As we're talking mufflers, does anyone know anything of these???
Nooze cf mufflers, this is the only link I could find (swedish retailer):
http://realcar.e-line.nu/servlet/us_pyra?wts.PAGE=h_skyltl.htm&%24SELKEY=UNOVREXA&%2422901=UNOVREXA&p=H

Anyone tried them/know anyone who has one? Any info would be appreciated as I'm thinking of getting the titanium one...
Kristian Ravantti
-- MX-3 V6 '93, still mostly stock, hasn't left the garage in ~2 years --
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

i have a remus exhaust on my car with 2.5" pipe cat back, and it sounds mint, and i noticed a difference in highway acceleration

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”