KLZE Motor

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
JustAGuest

KLZE Motor

Post by JustAGuest »

On the back of the motor a friend putting in there is no place to hook the polution up like there is on the one thats being taken out. Actually its not drilled for it. The question is Does it matter if its hooked up? If its not whats the worst that can happen?

Can someone get back to me ASAP cause the motor is being put in tomorrow.

Thanks

Steve
lakersfan1

Re: KLZE Motor

Post by lakersfan1 »

Do you have emissions tests in your country? If so, do they test for NOx?
JustAGuest

Post by JustAGuest »

The opnly time a car get tested/inspected here in Canada(Newfoundland) is when the car is being sold. As in testing for "NOx"......i' guessing you mean NOS. No they dont.

Steve
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

NOX is one of the things that come out your tail pipe
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
JustAGuest

Post by JustAGuest »

as far as i know we dont have that testing here.

I'm wondering about this because the polution manifold is cracked on the original motor and is leaking. WE wanted to know if we can get away with putting the other one on from the ZE and not have any problems.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

the thing you are refering to is probably the egr...you can use your manifold that doesn't have it...BUT if you don't got a ze ecu you'll constantly have a cel (check engine light)..
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by JustAGuest:
as far as i know we dont have that testing here.

I'm wondering about this because the polution manifold is cracked on the original motor and is leaking. WE wanted to know if we can get away with putting the other one on from the ZE and not have any problems.
If your emissions tests do not test for NOx, then you don't need your EGR really to be hooked up, though they may expect the components to be there for visual inspection. It will pass the CO% and HC portions of the emissions just fine without a functioning EGR.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

im from newfoundland to, and they dont have emissions tests or any type of test like that. Im doing a ze swap sometime soon and dont plan on hooking up the egr.
JustAGuest

Post by JustAGuest »

Other than the CEL will there be any other issues?

Run rich/lean? Poor idel?
Or anything else
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

nope everything should be fine
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I pass emissions in Georgia with out the EGR better than the last time that I passed with the K8. The ZE runs pretty clean.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”