idle at 1000 rpm HELP

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MX#3

idle at 1000 rpm HELP

Post by MX#3 »

Hey guys help me out, I have all stock 92 gs, after I flushed my engine and reset ecu my idle is 1000 rarely it drops to normal but if you drive and shift to neutral needle drops to 1000 and jumps back up and stays there, no codes nothing changed
what could case that?
lakersfan1

Re: idle at 1000 rpm HELP

Post by lakersfan1 »

If you disconnect the plug to the IAC and set the idle, does the idle always return to the same point as long as the IAC is disconnected?
MX#3

Post by MX#3 »

i tried to disconnect but it would come back to the same point, not sure how to set idle back?
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

You flushed your engine... your intake or the actual engine flush with kero or that gunk stuff?
If you cleaned your intake, it's natural for the idle to jump a little: it was dirty before; now it's clean and more air is taken in. Just adjust your idle screw if that's the case. :shrug:
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

he's right just adjust your idle screw that should lower you back down, your not idleing that high so its not that big of a deal. now if your idle jumps up to lets say 12-1500 then you should start looking at what exactly you did and see if you might of left something disconected, you could also check for a vacum leak but if that were the case your rpms would be bouncing.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
valoncan

Post by valoncan »

I had that happen to me when I cleaned my intake and my TB. Just adjust the screw in the top of the thortle body.
Never think that you will get two if you don't give one!!
MX#3

Post by MX#3 »

thanks for reply guys, strange thing is that I did my cleaning in oil change place they fid cleaner in intake, engine and gas tank it was normal right after, but when i reset my ecu than it started, and now when it is hot it goes to 3k or jumps from 1k to 2.5k and my engine knocks very hard when hot, that was before cleaning. I’ve changed spark plugs and wires no help. I am concerned with my valves, they can be damaged, it knocks hard when I am not going hard on gas even little push and you here knock.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”